New from Osijek, Croatia

rezor

Jul 8, 2019
Osijek, Croatia
Hi everyone,
I'm Kristijan from Croatia. I've bought a house with 4500gal inground pool. It's my first season and I have managed to keep crystal clear water by myself and information from internet.
So far I've been extensively testing for FC and pH, trying to understand every change i do to my pool, but testers for other chemicals are on their way and then i will hopefuly manage to mantain well balanced water.
I use muriatic acid to lower pH almost every day, as it tends to rise. I don't know my TA yet.
To keep FC levels in check i use sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate, but as i understand it is probably rising CYA over time, which i can't measure yet. I'd like to switch to bleach but i have to study it some more to determine the amount, and possible downsides. I have some 13% sodium hypochlorite on hand.
Also, i noticed some scaling on plaster lately, so i'll have to adress that too.

A wonderful community i see around here is a real blessing in this often confusing world of pools, where information can often be contradictive.

Glad to be here

Welcome to the forum!
If you have been tracking how much dichlor you have added, and you have not drained any water, you can calculate what your CYA should be, +/- some. Use Effects of Adding Chemicals - PoolMath

The 13% sodium hypochlorite is bleach, or we say liquid chlorine. Use it.
Be careful on how much acid to use for pH adjustment without a TA reading. The TA significantly effects how much acid to use to lower the pH.

If you have scaling, I suspect your TA is fairly high. Along with CH.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.