New From North GA

afb417

Jul 22, 2020
Canton, GA
Hi All,
I am new to TFP, and I have learned so much already. We will not be building our pool until Dec or Jan 2021. I really want a fiberglass pool but after reading so may posts, I have decided that vinyl is the best way to go. All of the pools in my neighborhood are vinyl as well. What are the best vinyl colors, brands, and most of all how deep should my pool be. I want to go 8 feet for my 8 yr old and his friends but my husband thinks 6 1/2 for will be plenty. Pool size will be 15x35. Thoughts?

Welcome to TFP! 😀

Not much advice on depth, other than deeper is better if diving in it.
Seldom see comments about being too deep or too big but do see a few regretting they didn’t go bigger when building one.
From a guy with cheap Intex pool! 🤣🤣🤣

You need to think about how you want to use the pool. We don't allow diving so the deep end is only 6'. That left plenty of room in the shallow end for kids to play. I have a long gradual slope to the deep end and my pool is longer than yours. I wanted plenty of play space.

Reactions: afb417 and Msch99
Welcome! My son goes to school in Dahlonega - our family loves going to North Georgia.

I'll echo the comment above about how you want to use the pool. A deep end for diving is great, just know about 1/3 of the pool (the sloped part from shallow to deep) will not be as usable as you may think. Our pool goes from about 3.5' to 6' and 6' is plenty deep for a nice slide. At 6' we do not feel it is safe to dive - thus the slide. We have a fiberglass pool, and when we bought there were no manufacturers who made a fiberglass diving pool (though there are now).