new filter recommendations

itybitybob

Apr 21, 2014
Mesa AZ
My Jandy cartridge type pool filter is leaking from a small crack just above the inlet pipe. I don't know the model number or the size of the filter. It has 4 cartridges in it. I need a recommendation on how to repair and if I should bother or should I replace it. What brand would you recommend and how do I know what size ect. I have looked on you tube and it appears that I should stay away from Jandy. I have a 10,000 gallon play pool with a variable speed pump that's about 2 years old.

Attachments

• pool filter.jpg
    pool filter.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 14
The good thing about filters is that there is some flexibility. With a 10K pool, you could go in many directions - both models and sizes. Cost might be a driving factor. Since you already have a 4-cart filter, you're probably able to go very long between cleanings unlike me with a single cart that needs rinsing about every 3 weeks. So if you like the 4-cart performance, I would stay with it if your budget allows. I think all the big names make a 4-cart filter, and there's not a lot that can go wrong with them (knock on wood), but make sure you confirm your current plumbing sizes so that you don't have to mess with too many adapters for sizes. Below are just two examples of many out there. You can also call them (or Inyopools) for some more info.

The filter is a pressure vessel and can't be repaired once it cracks.

You have a Jandy CL Cartridge filter...

The larger, the better. You can't have too large a filter.

You can get ,,,

Filters are a commodity. They all do the same thing in the same way. Shop around and see what is available at what price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.