New fiberglass pool

jet3x

Jan 11, 2022
Toronto
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm located in Ontario Canada. I recently had a fiberglass pool installed in my backyard (Dec 2021). The contractor installed everything except the concrete beam (collar) around the pool. I'm planing to do then beam on the spring, but I had few questions regarding the bonding of the pool. 1). There is no metal components on the pool area, except for a metal fence located 6 ft away from the walls of the pool on the closest side. I'm planing to add the fence to the bonding gird. The pool equipment is located about 50 ft away from the pool. Do I need to connect the rebars of the concrete beam around the pool to the bonding grid? I'm planing to use epoxy coated rebars and I read that they are not conductive. 2) Do I need to create a bonding grid around the pool? I read that 3 ft are required. The deck will be installed with pavers, not concrete. 3) Do I need to add the pool water to the bonding grid?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Elkin

Welcome to TFP! :wave: @JohnT has a good bit of knowledge about grounds & bonds, so we'll see what he has to say. But I'll start off by saying my FG pool has a continuous bond all around the perimeter of the rebar supporting my pool decking. That rebar is also tied into the same ground as the equipment pad. That's just a very basic description on my end, but perhaps John will have more details for you, excluding any specific coding requirements for Toronto.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.