New Fiberglass Pool Install- Cracked. Need Advice!

flabdiesel

Nov 17, 2020
Pawleys Island, SC
I had a new fiberglass pool installed a couple of weeks ago and the other day I noticed in the bottom of the pool a circular chip with cracks radiating out from it and a 5-6 ft long crack running along the bottom of the pool. I dropped a GoPro down there and you can view the video here:

The PB is trying to tell me this is normal and that it can be fixed, but I’m not convinced these cracks can be adequately repaired to my satisfaction, and even if they were, I wouldn’t be left with a new pool, I’d have a refurbished pool.

I believe the only acceptable solution is for the PB to remove the pool and replace it with a new undamaged one. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice.

It is not normal but cracks in a FG pool are repairable and if done properly you should not be able to see the repair.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the pool? I would ask the manufacturer who should repair the cracks and how the repair should be done.

I would also want to know why the pool cracked and if there was not sufficient fill under that area and settling created voids. You may need to have the PB pull the pool up correct the fill and reseat it.

Read this thread to see what needed to be done on a botched pool install...

Reactions: Apsuhead
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.