New Fiberglass Build SW Chicago

Got a dog? Gotta plan a bit of grass for them, no? And perhaps future home buyers might want a bit of grass for the dog.

Maddie :flower:
Good thinking Maddie. No dog here, but plenty of grass "outside" the pool area for kids, or dogs to play. Just wanted to keep as much away from the pool as possible.

I keep plugging along with this build, right now its more of a "backyard build" than a pool build anymore. Three punch list items to finish up...
1. Damaged bracket on air conditioner still has not been fixed. PB seems to have moved along to other builds and just won't come back. Not an urgent issue, just wanted it crossed off the list.
2. Junction box for pool lights need to finished. Same comments above.
3. Tile for area by auto cover. We are going to finish that right before we close. We need to adjust the cover itself and when we lower the water for closing, it will be the right time for this job.

One other issue is the robot replacement. BTW, Pentair service has just been pathetic. I get all the excuses, but pool robots are not the hot item on the back order list like everything else out there. Just replace the thing already, we are going on two months here and manual vacuuming just sucks (pun intended). I cant imagine if we had to try and get a pump or filter replaced and how much swimming would be lost on their incompetency in this area.

Small changes though....

Upgraded my tool box for my testing supplies. Yes, a lot bigger than probably necessary, but everything fits into one box, fits easily in the garage, and looks intimidating when I take it over to neighbors pools to help them when they fail the TFP method!

Newest Case.jpg

Newest Case 1.jpg

Also finished up relocating the cameras now that the major construction is done. I had a few Ubiquity cameras mounted temporary so I could watch the build, and then the pool area, and now that the pavilion is done, relocated it on top.

Camera 1
Camera New 1.jpg

Camera 2
Camera New 2.jpg

The view is actually a little wider than this, just cropped all the camera details out to post here.

Finished the speaker and low voltage install as well, going to paint the conduit to match the house. You can see one of the speakers in the picture above. Have 2 zones out there now. The high speakers are one zone, then have the Monoprice 2.1 in the ground for my low speakers.

Hoping to grab a few more "finished pictures" soon, but we are coming along!

I actually love manually vacuuming my pool. I'll manually vac it more than I will use my WARRIOR SE. It allows me to inspect my pool on a weekly basis and see if anything is wrong with the pool but that's just me. I find it relaxing n I think I do a better job than an automatic cleaner.

Pool looks great though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.