New Fiberglass and SWG: Start-up Questions

Gents, you will find varied philosophy between TFP recommended chemicals and how to apply them when compared to various pool makers, installers, and local pool supply companies. Many of this is based on company preference, sales, or outdated industry philosophy. Same goes for recommended levels. As pool owners, we ultimately have the right to choose what we feel comfortable using for our pool, but in regards to MA use, here are a few more discussions by experts here at TFP:
Muriatic Acid in a Fiberglass Pool
muriatic
Lowering alkalinity in Fiberglass pool
Muritc Acid

A pool is a major investment, so if someone choses to use dry acid to lower TA/pH for example, we respect that choice. But here at TFP, MA is a staple product that has proven over many years to be safe for all pool surfaces when applied properly (dosage, poured slowly at return jet(s), pump running well for enough time, brushing, etc). Like I noted above, if you were to compare TFP recommended levels for each item, you'll wonder why the pool industry has such different recommendations there too. They are slowly updating some of those outdated concepts, like CYA management for example, but there are still various differences across the board.

No, it was a pre-formed unit (San Juan Pool) made in the factory and shipped to my home, no fiberglass work or gel coating was done on site. PB installed it when we were expanding our lanai with all equipment being on a pad at the side of the house

San Juan Pools make preformed pools and spas

http://www.sanjuanpools.com

They are based in Lakeland Florida

Ok, so it was what I thought you meant. Very interesting; are you happy with it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.