New England Pool Project - Nearing Completion

Hi there! Nice project that you have going on there. May I ask about the color of your stamped concrete and pattern? I am looking all over for the example of grayish stampted concrete for my pool deck. My PB keeps telling me that I should go with more beige or lighter color.....the pattern that you have is in bigger blocks than what I have seem from most of the stamped deck. Really appreciated to find out about the color , pattern and the surface treatment of your pool deck. Thank you!

Many thanks. It's an Ashlar Slate pattern except around the perimeter of the pool. I can throw a tape measure down next to some squares and snap a picture if that's helpful. I'm sure there are probably different sized patterns out there.

The images you see there are the unsealed/unstained concrete. It has since been sealed and I can get a picture of that as well so you can see the change in color. You can choose any number of ways to modify the color.

Concrete Color Chart on Landscaping Network

This might take a while........

062414_1.jpg

Much better!!!!

062414_2.jpg

Updated concrete pics.

Sealing the pool deck:
062714_1.jpg

This is later that night when it was mostly dry (maybe 6-7 hours after application):
062714_2.jpg

062714_3.jpg

This is two days later, so this is the color we got with the clear coat (so yes it is darker but not too much). I will get out there with a tape measure for you for size of Ashlar squares, but forgot last night when I got home. The water distracted me ;)
062914.jpg

Still no seating wall or remediation on the first wall, but the fence guys came today. I hear those critters can jump 8' fences so my 5' fence isn't going to stop them in all liklihood:
071114_1.jpg

071114_2.jpg

071114_3.jpg

Here are some pics with a tape measure next to the Ashlar Slate pattern as promised. Top rectangle next to tape measure is 1'x2' and the square below it is 2'x2'. The 2'x2' squares are the largest ones in the pattern. Hope that helps cchopkins.
071114_4.jpg

071114_5.jpg

I hear those critters can jump 8' fences so my 5' fence isn't going to stop them in all liklihood

A nice, sharp QAD Exodus stops them. If it were my house and my neighbor's didn't care, we'd be having some back straps for dinner as soon as Archery Season came in. :mrgreen:

The pool looks amazing! Are there plans in place to extend the wall where those 3 ginormous rocks are?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Learned a ton about pool chemistry.

Electrician came and says it was a faulty motor in the pump. PB came and replaced it.

Been doing a little landscaping away from the pool while awaiting wall build. Moving on to power-washing and re-staining the deck while I wait.

Found some bald-faced hornets (250 or so) while power-washing and they stung the bejeezus out of me. Called in a PRO to take them out the next day.

Storms rolled in the next couple days so hoping to stain deck this weekend. Still no wall activity. Lots of weeds growing in all my dirt now though. Ugly stuff. Was going to wait to sod until September.

Still no seating wall, but got a demand for payment for the wall. Informed PB accountant that it wasn't built yet. Then I got a bill for $8,250 for them going over on SF of stamped concrete TWO months after the concrete was applied. Good times.

Breaking my contract back out to go over the stamped concrete terms, and of course my own tape measure.

After far too long, today the remediation of the first wall is taking place. The subcontractor's measurement of stamped concrete was far from accurate when compared to my measurements and the PB coming to re-measure. Is this kind of BS commonplace?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.