Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi Everyone,

I just received my Dolphin Warrior SE yesterday and ran a cycle right away. I was impressed with how well it worked, especially since the pool was exceptionally dirty following a very windy day.

However, today when I ran a new cycle, the cleaner gets to the top of the wall and doesn't move left or right. It also doesn't turn on the bottom, even though it does its back and forth turning dance.

I followed the directions to make sure the impeller wasn't clogged, and manually moved the motor that controls the jet direction, but the cleaner keeps making essentially the same path back and forth in the pool, not reaching all areas.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known quick fix?

Thanks

Are you sure it won't cover the whole pool if you leave it long enough? I don't think I've ever seen my Warrior SE make a sharp turn. The turns are so gradual that it almost looks as if it's being directed by the pool contour alone. I watched it this morning and confirmed that it only appeared to be going back and forth, yet when I came back later it was working perpendicular to its original path, and it eventually covered the entire pool.

The only reason it turns now is because it hits my round walls at an angle and straightens out, which sends it on a slightly different path than it came in from. It will, given enough time, clean the whole pool, but takes multiple cycles.

Of greater concern is that it doesn't move horizontally along the wall once it reaches the top as it did on the very first use. Which means that in a typical cycle, it's only cleaning a small fraction of the waterline, and often hits the same spot more than once (since it's not turning...).

I've been waiting since yesterday to hear back from Marino Pools.

Your last post made me wonder if perhaps my Warrior SE has been defective this whole time. It rarely climbs walls to the top, and I'd never seen it move horizontally along the tile. I assumed this was because have a rough pebble surface and I normally use the fine particle filters. I also tend to only clean the filters once a week.

This morning I opened the impeller for the first time and removed a couple of strands of hair that were lodged in there, then ran it without the filter basket. I made sure to turn it completely upside down underwater to get all of the air out, which I don't normally do.

It was a climbing maniac. It even managed to climb on top of my ledge. I then put the coarse filters in. It is a little bit more subdued but still easily climbs the walls regularly and it is able to move along the tile. I will try the fine filters again later but I'll still be happy with it even if it doesn't climb the walls as well with them in. I wonder if your experience would be similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.