New CoverStar LCD Touch Pad

Interesting update on the Coverstar Touchpads. I have the old style but have been having trouble connecting it. My local dealer said he would put me in contact with Coverstar wifi support. When he contacted the factory rep he was told Coverstar is phasing out the older touchpads and that the dealer should swap my old touchpad for the new style and the factory rep would assist with the setup. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm curious to see how it goes.

Interesting update on the Coverstar Touchpads. I have the old style but have been having trouble connecting it. My local dealer said he would put me in contact with Coverstar wifi support. When he contacted the factory rep he was told Coverstar is phasing out the older touchpads and that the dealer should swap my old touchpad for the new style and the factory rep would assist with the setup. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm curious to see how it goes.
That's great! It's a much better product.

$800. for a touch screen pad?!!?
I'm far too poor and if anyone on a budget is putting in an autocover, I recommend and endorse my handy dandy key turn thingie opens my cover up *just fine*.
Oh, I get it. It's why I didn't get it in the first place. I have two kids that we want to be able to open the pool when we let them but want to know when they do. Or better, know when they open the pool and they aren't supposed to. It's less about the touchpad and more about the alerts it enables.

Oh, I get it. It's why I didn't get it in the first place. I have two kids that we want to be able to open the pool when we let them but want to know when they do. Or better, know when they open the pool and they aren't supposed to. It's less about the touchpad and more about the alerts it enables.
Same. We gave each kid their own code so we know when it is opened and can be sure it gets closed if we are not around. We have no fence around the pool (our AHJ allows an autocover in lieu of a fence), so the cover is closed unless the pool is in active use.

I'm far too poor and if anyone on a budget is putting in an autocover, I recommend and endorse my handy dandy key turn thingie opens my cover up *just fine*.
No doubt, a simple key like that would be the way to go for simplicity, and for cost. However, what the functionality they wifi key pad gives (when working properly) is really worth the extra $700 (to me at least), especially when you consider in the grand cost of a new pool build, and the cover itself and installation can be up to $15k, that $700 really seems small.

If I had a key that worked every time, not sure I would even consider "upgrading" to the WiFi keypad, even at $400 for example.

Still trying to get mine set up. I got it installed a few weeks ago (the old one), but am still stuck on getting the DeviceID registered with Latham on connect.coverstar.com. I've got a separate lan for IoT devices like this, but unfortunately I had to set up another separate SSID for it because it didn't like the space in the network name, which was odd because it detected it just fine - just wouldn't connect. Hopefully I can get that resolved soon and get it working.

Still trying to get mine set up. I got it installed a few weeks ago (the old one), but am still stuck on getting the DeviceID registered with Latham on connect.coverstar.com. I've got a separate lan for IoT devices like this, but unfortunately I had to set up another separate SSID for it because it didn't like the space in the network name, which was odd because it detected it just fine - just wouldn't connect. Hopefully I can get that resolved soon and get it working.
For both the old and new one, I had to call them and talk to IT, and they had to add the MAC address to their database before it would register. They clearly have a breakdown at the factory and are not adding them as they ship. So far my experience with them has been that they run like a poorly-managed popsicle stand.

I have this touchpad (A2570), it connects to wifi fine but won't stay connected. The wifi access point is literally 10 feet away so signal is not the issue. The longest its stayed connected is 1-2 days but most times it will only stay connected for a few hours.
Is there a firmware update for this model and if so, how do I get it and installed it? Any other suggestions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have this touchpad (A2570), it connects to wifi fine but won't stay connected. The wifi access point is literally 10 feet away so signal is not the issue. The longest its stayed connected is 1-2 days but most times it will only stay connected for a few hours.
Is there a firmware update for this model and if so, how do I get it and installed it? Any other suggestions?
These things are really poorly supported. There is a firmware update published in a shared Google drive, but mine will not update - just spools and then dies. Apparently the IT guy that was supporting it left, and they have no idea how to even support the dumb thing. No way I'd buy another one ...

These things are really poorly supported. There is a firmware update published in a shared Google drive, but mine will not update - just spools and then dies. Apparently the IT guy that was supporting it left, and they have no idea how to even support the dumb thing. No way I'd buy another one ...
This is REALLY unfortunate as the concept and idea of getting a notification, in my opinion is ideal. Given Coverstar is a Latham company, hopefully they will hire someone who can support this and address its shortcomings in order to make this a worthwhile product. Please update this thread should you hear anything positive on this topic.

Reactions: wgipe
I had a Lantham Product Manager come by my house a couple of months ago as I kept pressuring my local dealer to get it working. We tried to update to the latest firmware that was on Dropbox but was having so many connectivity issues that it didn't work. My dealer told me last week there is a firmware and hardware update and a server-side update they are working on.

What's crazy is that I wasn't getting any notifications for the last couple of months and then it worked briefly for a day or so this past week.

I had a Lantham Product Manager come by my house a couple of months ago as I kept pressuring my local dealer to get it working. We tried to update to the latest firmware that was on Dropbox but was having so many connectivity issues that it didn't work. My dealer told me last week there is a firmware and hardware update and a server-side update they are working on.

What's crazy is that I wasn't getting any notifications for the last couple of months and then it worked briefly for a day or so this past week.
Thanks so much for this update. Would you be kind enough to let me know what you learn on this? I should probably put pressure on them from my side also.

What's crazy is that I wasn't getting any notifications for the last couple of months and then it worked briefly for a day or so this past week

We also randomly got a few notifications last week but its back to not sending them. Hopefully a sign of something server-side they were testing. Please let us know if you get any other details on the upcoming firmware update.

Our pool has been closed for the winter for months with power turned off at the electrical breaker. Still we've received several random notifications over the past couple of months:

Coverstar Notification:
No communication has been received for Pool AutoCover for 24 hours.

I'm hoping this is due to CoverStar working on and testing updates. Anyone have any insight?

Our pool has been closed for the winter for months with power turned off at the electrical breaker. Still we've received several random notifications over the past couple of months:

Coverstar Notification:
No communication has been received for Pool AutoCover for 24 hours.

I'm hoping this is due to CoverStar working on and testing updates. Anyone have any insight?
I've had the same. Let's hope they are finally getting around to fixing it.