New construction glitch - please advise

TLyons

Nov 26, 2018
Southeast Georgia
I am a new member here. We are at Day 3 of new pool construction. We noticed a bow in one of the walls this morning. The cement floor and walls were poured yesterday and cement was poured to back fill on the outsides of the pool walls two days ago. Will ask pool company owner about options next time we see him (he should have been here today but has not arrived). No work being done on pool today. Seems to me, the metal panel where bowing is occurring should be removed, cement removed and new panels replaced. But that is a huge job. My husband is convinced pool company will make it right but I'm not as optimistic.
Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

:wave: to TFP TLyons

I would start trying to contact the owner now. Don't wait for him to show up and if you can't get him at least leave message alerting him to the fact you have an issue with the concrete.

Update: Pool company owner arrived this afternoon with entire crew. I showed him the bow in the wall. He acknowledged the bow and speculated the back-filled dirt was too heavy for the fresh cement inside the pool. He assured me he would make it right. He seemed genuine. His crew dug out all the back-filled dirt and will work on straightening the wall in the am. He told us if they have to deconstruct the wall and jack hammer out the cement to fix it, they will....but he's confident they won't have to do that. Those guys worked really hard today. My confidence has been restored. Thanks for suggestions. Will post pics soon.

Did not get any pics. Pb was quick to repair the wall. Required jack-hammering cement from outside wall base, straightening wall, then pouring new cement. Pool near complete now and walls are perfectly straight. Liner and water in pool. Just waiting for electrician to complete wiring for lights/pump/electronics, etc. Pump currently operating via 110 outlet, wired by pool builder. Electrician arrives this week to complete project....waiting for ground to dry out a little. We've had massive rain fall during this project (20 inches in 3 days). Currently raining again today. We laid two pallets sod around pool yesterday. Still more sod to lay. Enjoying the project. Will upload pics of completed project soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.