New colman vista 18'x48" leg posts aren't plumb

Dburris

May 22, 2020
Adirondacks NY
We've been setting up our first above ground pool and after taking days to make sure it was level, we set the pool up and started filling. However, the leg posts aren't perpendicular to the ground and its causing us concern. They all move in an inch or so toward the bottom of the pool. We stopped filling it about halfway because we're concerned that it's not safe. Does anyone have any experience with this?

We had this issue. Ours were bowing in. As we straightened one the band would pull others in. Once it got about 3/4 full I just started pulling the legs out. They’re all straight and level once full.

I also used 12x12 pavers so I had wiggle room and I’m at most 1/4” off level. You cant see it, but I measure the water level to the top of the liner :)

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IMHO the blocks being above the ground level is making the frame too tall, therefore the weight of the water is pulling the legs in. If the blocks are too low, the liner will bulge out and push the bottom of the legs out. Probably just need to lower the top of the blocks to ground level (assuming there is nothing below the liner (foam, etc.))

Reactions: TimandCeri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.