New Build - Complete

Hi All – I have been reading to get PVC conduit for future electrical lights/speaker below the deck when it’s open . Does anyone has picture of that ? I asked my builder to do it and doesn’t look like he understands it – most likely I did poor job of explaining what I want 😊

PB said it’s 80 feet of pvc pipe running through entire deck and he will provide estimate but wanted to make sure I want it as landscaping company can do it too later on side of deck.. so doesn’t see the benefit doing it right now ..
Its $8.38 per 10 ft today at Homedepot. So $90 after tax ?. If there is already a trench open, you'll save a chunk on future labor. If you have to pay the PB to trench it, then its a half dozen or six, providing there is easy access to dig the entire way from A to B.

Many members have nothing but hardscape from house to pool with eithier small yards, or giant patios, so they'd have to do it now or never.

Reactions: Texasresident
Its $8.38 per 10 ft today at Homedepot. So $90 after tax ?. If there is already a trench open, you'll save a chunk on future labor. If you have to pay the PB to trench it, then its a half dozen or six, providing there is easy access to dig the entire way from A to B.

Many members have nothing but hardscape from house to pool with eithier small yards, or giant patios, so they'd have to do it now or never.
Electrical guys said it will be nearly $1000 . They said they will have to dig more till end of pool and put wire/cable . Trenches open right now (waiting for inspection) won't work ..different route . Will reach out to builder on Monday to understand this..

Reactions: Newdude
Then using a shorter route now (assuming it has to go the long way around once the deck is in) saves the extra digging labor/materials in the end.

A chunk of that estimate is probably the wires. They are rather pricey right now.

Update on ledgestone and tiles .. don’t like how edges are done on corners and skimmers ..

Attachments

• E1F82E45-CC6F-44DB-872B-5399E93778F8.jpeg
    E1F82E45-CC6F-44DB-872B-5399E93778F8.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 84
  • EFB9E919-E240-4C28-B548-4FB9FE58A289.jpeg
    EFB9E919-E240-4C28-B548-4FB9FE58A289.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 84
  • B1B4F6AC-9D91-4B8D-992A-FE922FF1B7EA.jpeg
    B1B4F6AC-9D91-4B8D-992A-FE922FF1B7EA.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
If you can have conduit installed before any hardscaping is put in do it. The material isn't expensive compared to trying to figure how how to do it later. Also don't be shy in putting in larger conduit. One thing to keep in mind with conduit it to limit the number of bend between pull locations, no more than 360°. If needed put in more conduit for pull locations. Also don't bury any access or pull points. Larger radius turns are better too.

You ever try to pull wire through conduit? Honestly I would forget about this idea unless you know exactly where you want the cable to go and what type of cable. In which case, just go ahead and run it. You can add what you want/need later for not much trouble.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question if you have raised wall which is double faced up on both sides with ledgestone what did you use to cap the top . PB said eased travertine coping doesn’t come in 2 inches width and he will need to use two 12*24*2 … not liking the idea of grout running in the middle . he can put them length wise .. but not sure that will look any better either

I don’t like it after grout, looked so much better without it 😫.. that dark turquoise color is gone , all I see is small squares all over

Attachments

• BD0E3A3D-E2F4-4E05-87D3-0E5521823E04.jpeg
    BD0E3A3D-E2F4-4E05-87D3-0E5521823E04.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 77
  • B72A899E-C89B-429C-AEE3-BEBC90DCF2F2.jpeg
    B72A899E-C89B-429C-AEE3-BEBC90DCF2F2.jpeg
    648.6 KB · Views: 78
I don’t like it after grout, looked so much better without it 😫.. that dark turquoise color is gone , all I see is small squares all over
I see what you mean (it's still beautiful!). I bet it will change again as you have water running over it and the sun it out so still tbd.

Wait until it if full and watering overflowing. You will not see the inside tiles as will be underwater and then flowing water over the exterior. It will look great!!!

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.