New Build with Consultant

Been a little while since I've been on but the pool is coming along nicely so far. Plumbing was complete today, steel starts tomorrow and electrical on Tuesday. Coming along a little quicker than I expected and happy with the results so far. Appreciate all the feedback I received on here.

20191113_104138.jpg

Tile was just completed today. Now just the decking and finish and it's ready to fill with water. I believe I'm going to choose the Tahoe Blue pebble. A few questions since I'm only a couple weeks away from filling.

1. I know I'm going to need basic supplies such as a net, brush, etc. Is there something like a "starter kit" for new pools? Already planning to purchase the TF-100 kit but I know there's other things I'll need. Brush, net, tablets (not a salt pool), thermometer and test kit are what I have on the list so far. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

2. I'm going to be purchasing a Dolphin S200 from Marina once they're back in stock at the end of the month. Since the pebble will be new, does it need to "cure" a certain amount of time before using the Dolphin? Assuming if there is a cure time, I would just use the brush as you would with new plaster?

3. I'm starting to read the ABC's but since it's been years since I've had a pool and feel very overwhelmed on where to start after it's filled with water. I remember the filter needs to run 24/7 for a certain number of days while I brush but wasn't sure how long or if there's any special instructions. Most of what I'm reading is for adjusting water which already has chemicals added rather than starting from scratch. Advice on a starting point?

20200103_151000.jpg

Pretty sure this is the goto one that they all link too. But i dont have plaster so its somewhat greek to me.

Reactions: kimkats
That IS our go to for starting up new plaster. Well done @Newdude :hug;

@banditgrrr Here is a shopping list for a new pool owner:

-2 2cup PLASTIC measure cups that have the oz. printed on the size. One is for the muriatic acid. The other one is for all other chemicals.

-pool brush and pole for the brush
-one of those ketchup or mustard bottles with the little nozzle (for water collection and putting into the test tubes.
-Liquid chlorine-find your easiest place to get it from. Some pool stores will sell it to you after you put a deposit down on the 2.5 gal jugs. If you don't have one by you then you should find PLAIN bleach-no pretty smells or splashless or colormax. Just plain bleach.

You don't want to use chlorine tablets long term. They add extra stuff to your pool that will build up over time until it is too much. Once that happens you will have to remove and replace some of the water.

Do not use any kind of cleaner with wheels for 30 days on new plaster as it could leave tracks on the new plaster.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.