Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
It it time for YOUR set of links!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: floridapoolfan

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
Fantastic , thank you so much!

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
I did notice a few dimples from their heels as they were finishing up the shotcrete and 2 small cracks at the base of one of the benches. They said it would be fine and the plaster would fill it in. Is that normal, thanks!

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
The plaster WILL fill in small cracks and such.

I want you to get a closer look and do some poking around in that "hole" in the third pic. Is there a void under it? Can you stick something like a straightened paper clip or such inside it? You can also use the plastic end of a screw driver to tap around in that area. Does it sound hallow to way different than other areas? It may not be a big deal but you want to make sure.

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
The plaster WILL fill in small cracks and such.

I want you to get a closer look and do some poking around in that "hole" in the third pic. Is there a void under it? Can you stick something like a straightened paper clip or such inside it? You can also use the plastic end of a screw driver to tap around in that area. Does it sound hallow to way different than other areas? It may not be a big deal but you want to make sure.
Sounds really solid, thank goodness. I could only slip a tiny bit of the paper clip in there. My guess is its 1/8 inch deep. This forum makes me sleep better at night during this process. Thanks again!

Reactions: bmoreswim

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
It looks like there's a check valve that could end up being buried.

Check valves eventually fail. You need to be able to access the valve in the future.

Fuldo

Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Port Orange, FL
If the black item with clear top in the third and second to last photos is a any sort of valve then I'm with James. It seems to me that only basic pipe should be buried and everything else should be easily accessible for service, especially a check valve that is expected to need repair at some point. It seems that spot is particularly bad, not only is it underground but likely also under a concrete slab making access a nightmare. This is especially true in a screened enclosure. There must be a better place for such a device, preferably above ground and available for immediate inspection. I'd have it removed and moved elsewhere if required. I'd be amazed if it would meet plumbing code, the electrical equivalent is a junction box buried in a wall and that would never pass muster.

Reactions: floridapoolfan

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Rebar should never be left uncapped if someone could potentially fall on it.

There have been serious injuries from people getting impaled by rebar.

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
So tomorrow is tile and coping day and they dropped some supplies off. Is the liquid bonding agent in the pictures the bond coat for the entire pool people talk about or is this just a mix for the tile? Thanks!

Attachments