New build Rockwall, TX

Yesterday was the first day that I was home all day while work was being done. I t was kind of nice. They started on the patio cover and the sprinkler crew was there in the afternoon running new sprinkler lines.

Day 17

I think they were glad I was there to lend a hand. That is a 22' long 6x12 Beam up on those 7' High 8x8 posts.

We opted for the tongue and groove ceiling as opposed to the standard side by side 1x6s. Overall the cover covers approximately 18 x 23

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So by the end of last Friday, Day 18, they finished the cedar cover and finished the re-routing of the irrigation. They moved along pretty quick and should be stained today.

Day 19

So then the wife thought that since we have Tongue and Groove sides from 7' up, that I should go ahead and put tongue and groove from 7' up in our existing patio space. I think it turned out pretty nice and kind of ties the 2 together. I did this on Saturday afternoon since no one was here working anyways:

Day 19

Ending Day 26, they finished the stone work on the outdoor kitchen. We went and picked out granite for measurement this next week. We are initially scheduled to plaster next Thursday, but we'll see as there is pretty crappy weather the first part of this week.

Day 26

The view from the living room area

The addition on the existing patio that I did myself to tie the two spaces together

Bar Area

Grill with a spot for the Big Green Egg in the corner

Future home of the fridge, Drawers and Trash Pull

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.