New Build Pool Critique - Fort Worth, TX

Bauer600

Sep 12, 2020
Fort Worth
Hi All,

Trying to get some feedback on a new pool project here in Fort Worth, TX. Any feedback is appreiciaetd. We'll probably go with a robotic cleaner instead Polaris Quattro (What are the main differences between the two) - Pros/Cons of having to plug it in all the time and having a cord draped over the pool deck when cleaning vs leaving the other in the pool all the time as usual(Quattro). I've attached the bid quote below.

Attachments

• Barker Justin Cost Breakdown 3.pdf
    754.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_001.jpg
    Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_001.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_004.jpg
    Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_004.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_005.jpg
    Barker - 9717 Rexfoed Dr 5_005.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: bmoreswim
Nice looking pool and detailed bid. Nothing really jumped out, but the price was a bit more than I was expecting (I built in the area last year, but I know prices have gone up too). Just make sure you are getting multiple bids so you can ensure you are getting a fair price.

Reactions: eh1159
The prices have been pretty comparable in the lower 90's to 100's range
The design looks nice! Are y'all opposed to doing gushers at that ledge next to tanning shelf? It looks empty to me.

LOVE how the sheer descent is coming off the firepit.
We we're just gonna do the 1 gusher on the tanning ledge, and wanted to do a smaller ledge next to it, but deeper perhaps 12-15" and leave the tanning ledge at 6-9". We wanted an area that wasn't necessarily the depth size of a bench/loveseat as we have a soon to be 2 year old which would give her room to play a bit and others deep enough to sit on or belly up to. The ledge next to the tanning ledge is 3' deep. Still playing around with the different water depths for each. Our pool builder did say they recommended 6" for the gusher on the tanning ledge but I've seen people on here with the 9" that got away with it just fine.

Any opinions on that?

The prices have been pretty comparable in the lower 90's to 100's range

We we're just gonna do the 1 gusher on the tanning ledge, and wanted to do a smaller ledge next to it, but deeper perhaps 12-15" and leave the tanning ledge at 6-9". We wanted an area that wasn't necessarily the depth size of a bench/loveseat as we have a soon to be 2 year old which would give her room to play a bit and others deep enough to sit on or belly up to. The ledge next to the tanning ledge is 3' deep. Still playing around with the different water depths for each. Our pool builder did say they recommended 6" for the gusher on the tanning ledge but I've seen people on here with the 9" that got away with it just fine.

Any opinions on that?

The soon to be two year old need that makes sense! This pool stuff is all new to me so no opinions on the depth of the ledge. I am sure others will comment.

Nice design! My only thing would be that there is not anywhere that you could swim laps, but not everyone cares about that. In reality there is not really enough length in most backyard pools for good laps anyway. I really do like that you have so many great areas for people to lounge and socialize.

That price does seem really high to me as well, and the quote makes it hard to tell where. I started with a package deal that included alot of what you are paying for by line item. For example, my initial package included the first 350 sq ft of pool deck at no added cost, it looks like you are paying the full cost of the decking, and then on the next line you are paying again for the spray deck. When you add it all up it seems pretty high.

Nice design! My only thing would be that there is not anywhere that you could swim laps, but not everyone cares about that. In reality there is not really enough length in most backyard pools for good laps anyway. I really do like that you have so many great areas for people to lounge and socialize.

That price does seem really high to me as well, and the quote makes it hard to tell where. I started with a package deal that included alot of what you are paying for by line item. For example, my initial package included the first 350 sq ft of pool deck at no added cost, it looks like you are paying the full cost of the decking, and then on the next line you are paying again for the spray deck. When you add it all up it seems pretty high.
Unfortunately I've had pool bids from about 5 in the area and we're all roughly in the same ballpark price wise. We have existing decking in place with the outdoor kitchen that was already in place that will be just spray decked and then the new addition of the pool decking and spray deck on top of that for all the "new" concrete. Access is tight on our side as well for excavation which adds up to a bit.

We were originally at about 89k until we added the fire pit, sheer descents with dedicated water pump and raised the beams in the back so they're tiered and added the extra smaller tanning/sun shelf for the kids.

Well, you have tested the market and found the market price. Now if you want to move forward, let’s help you pick the right bid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.