New build on Florida's Space Coast!

IMG_0460.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg

Stone work is done! I'm so happy with how it turned out.

The waterline tile was started on Friday. I'm not 100% sure I love it but I didn't want to delay the project by having to pick something else. I think I may have liked it to match the stonework better. I do think(hope) it coordinates with my pavers. Fingers crossed!

IMG_0459.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

Hello! It's been awhile since I last posted because things slowed down quite a bit recently. Partly my fault because I changed coping color, partly builder's fault because I think he is over committed.

They are are just about done with the coping and paver deck. Still have to do the two walkways we ha e planned-one from driveway around to the pool and one from the pool to the eventual pool bath. This bathroom is on an exterior wall and after pool is done we will be taking out window and replacing it with a door.

Im very excited with how it is looking. The first coping was delivered and I HATED IT. It was kind of peachy colored and I just felt that it looked terrible with both pavers and waterline tile. So, we traded it out for a white cement coping and I think it has turned out great.

Well here a re a few pics for anyone interested. The first one was taken in sunlight, the other two after it had been raining for a couple hours.

IMG_1098.jpgIMG_1125.jpgIMG_1127.jpg

OH I LOVE how this coping looks! It looks so classy! Nice pick.

What was up with the "peachy" looking ones? Where they that different from what you picked out or when they got there at your house and by the rest of the stone it made them show their "true colors"?

Kim:kim:

Finally some progress today! This build has been soooo slow! At least it seems that way to me. Anyway, the step marker tile arrived and they pumped out and cleaned to pool in preparation for plaster next week. Waiting on the equipment to be installed, jets/lights/step markers and small mosaic tiles plus the aluminum roof and screen cage. Here are some tile pics and the sample of the plater. It is Florida Stucco Petite Pearl. I covered up the color in the picture and forgot what it's called.
IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1198.jpgIMG_1209.jpg
And this is my husband's newest addition, just waiting for its home in the outdoor kitchen
IMG_1202.jpg

Love the tile. It appears to have some bling to it. Dw would have lots of bling in our pool however it seems that it was not very popular when we built our pool [emoji474]

Hi I realize that you have lots on your plate but here are a few suggestions
Congrats, some suggestions if I may?
1. Speaking from experience. Put in a double door on one of the sides. I only had one door and ended up putting in a double door and another single door on the opposite side. I should have listened to my wife
2. Plan on plumbing electrical and water for a future summer kitchen.
3. Plan on adding solar and heat pump in your equipment pad.
4. Make sure that you have a very large equipment pad, our equipment pad is 19 ft long x 9 ft wide.
5. Put in water spigots in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
6. Put in electrical outlets in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
7. Go with a large outdoor space as possible. We have 1800sq ft of pavers and we wish we did a larger space. You will be quite surprised how much room tables chairs and lounges take up.
8. Run conduits for speaker wires if you plan on wired speakers.
9. Put in footers for future screen cage. Some people do not like the pool cage however we believe in it as we swim a lot at nighttime.
10. Plan on positioning your pool so that you can watch TV comfortably when you are in it. I know that this may sound strange but we love watching TV, football games, NASCAR races and movies when we are relaxing in the pool.
11. Place pool light facing away from the house, we had ours facing towards the house and we notice some glare from it.
Look at the 3 links in my signature bar for ideas. Post lots of pics

Kim, I don't even know what color mortar or grout. What do you suggest?

Brentr-
you posted this on another thread and I took a lot of your advice. We are doing double screen doors on one side, we plumbed the outdoor kitchen before pavers, we ran conduit for speaker and for electricity. We will have just over 2000 sq feet(including the pool) under the screen cage. And definitely placed the hot tub in prime tv viewinf position! My equipment pad though is not all that big, but the heat pump was included in the plan so hopefully it all fits!

I am getting excited ! So happy for a little bit of bling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
get a piece of white paper and find a piece of light gray something (a shirt?) and put them outside by there the tile is going. Lay tile on the white and gray. Which one do you like the best? Shoot a pic and we will help with the pick.

See if you can borrow the grout sticks and we will help you pick the grout as well.

Kim:kim:

Kim- builder never actually gave me a choice on grout or mortar, but I also never inquired. Lol. I just trusted the tile installer. I believe he went with white mortar and he mixed the grout to match the blue of the plaster.

We are almost ready to go. But I ordered a couple small mosaics(turtles and a clown fish-like Nemo) but they have not been delivered yet. May just skip it at this point.

The equipment has been delivered and placed but not hooked up. Aluminum patio roof is 90% done. Plaster has been delivered. Lights need to be installed.

I believe we ended up with a nice heat pump? It's a Jandy JE3000TR. We will have all jandy equipment and the Aqualink automation.

Here are are a few pics of where we are now
IMG_1253.jpgIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1262.jpgIMG_1259.jpgIMG_1261.jpg

I love your stainless steel pool handle. It looks very modern and gives your pool a nice custom look:cheers:

Kim- builder never actually gave me a choice on grout or mortar, but I also never inquired. Lol. I just trusted the tile installer. I believe he went with white mortar and he mixed the grout to match the blue of the plaster.

We are almost ready to go. But I ordered a couple small mosaics(turtles and a clown fish-like Nemo) but they have not been delivered yet. May just skip it at this point.

The equipment has been delivered and placed but not hooked up. Aluminum patio roof is 90% done. Plaster has been delivered. Lights need to be installed.

I believe we ended up with a nice heat pump? It's a Jandy JE3000TR. We will have all jandy equipment and the Aqualink automation.

Here are are a few pics of where we are now
View attachment 67528View attachment 67529View attachment 67530View attachment 67531View attachment 67532

Thanks, Brent! I saw those somewhere and thought they were cool! Hopefully they don't get too hot in the sun.

so, mosaics will be done Friday. Equipment got hooked up to plumbing today. Electric either Friday or Saturday. Roof is done. Plaster is scheduled for Monday!!

still have a couple week wait for screen enclosure but we can swim next week if all goes well. Yaay!

We got plastered on Monday and filling began yesterday! :kim:
We have well water so the water is being filtered and having minerals added by a company called Perfect Fill. It's going soooo slow!! They said it could take til Friday to be done!
IMG_1336.jpgIMG_1338.jpgIMG_1339.jpg

However, it's looking great and we are so excited. We did a little landscaping this weekend as well so we can get a little beauty back after all of the mess! Also my son added an outdoor shower. The window right past the shower will become a door to the bathroom so we can have a pool bath.
IMG_1321.jpgIMG_1345.jpgIMG_1335.jpgIMG_1356.jpg

So, now just waiting for it to fill, equipment turn on Thursday and screen enclosure in a couple weeks, plus a whole lot of cleaning!

IMG_1355.jpg

Thank you! Now that it's all done I do like the waterline tile. The white coping helped bring it all together.

We did Blue Breeze Petite Pearl by Florida Stucco. It looks nice. I thought about adding abalone shells for some more bling but my wallet told me no ;)

I can't wait until the water gets over my step marker tile so I can see how it shines!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.