New build in Vegas

IMG_3665.jpg

Quick question for those far more knowledgeable than me. It is my understanding the SWG is plumbed in the return line to the pool from the filter. If that's the case, and the bottom line on the filter is the return, it appears to me there is no room for the SWG. I'm pretty sure the loop against the house is the stub out for solar. Is my thinking correct?

IMAZ...I'll look at mine this morning. Although, I think you could make it work by adding a valve and circuits into the vertical sections, it would seem like they could have laid it out better, and saved at least one 90 over what you can do now. Compared to some of the builds here, my layout is a bit "spaghetti-fied" but, like yours, space is tight, so some of it goes with the territory.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL what you two don't know is I don't care WHO started! I will finish it and you will NOT like it! *said with my "teacher look" at both of you! :hug:

Beach it is funny, and not ha ha funny, that you should talk about putting the pipes under pressure! There is a build on here right now where they are seeing a lose of pressure in their pipes but is not sure if it due to temperature fluctuations or a leaky pipe :(

Kim:kim:

Hey Coach...I'll be good..LOL

On the pipe pressure fluctuating. n/m..I found the other thread..

IMAZ...here's a picture of my water's roller coaster ride. Please ignore my fantastic skills in paint freehand drawing, but I tried to show the water flow. Notice I don't have the 15 inches of straight pipe either for my salt cell, but you can see where they stubbed for the future solar, and how it was plumbed. I don't know if you've already resolved your issue, but maybe this will help.

In my reading at some point, I saw a schematic that shows the salt cell to be the last thing before returning to the pool. Including heat and solar. If that is true then it looks like you've possible got the space after your solar loop. Are you putting in a heater? That pic is not the full setup, but it looks like no from what I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think of that solar loop as your heater. From what I can see, that straight horizontal pipe is the last shot before your water returns to the pool. Not sure of the length there, but that could be the intended spot. Of course, with this setup you would have to have your valve set to run through your solar to ever get to the cell. I'm certainly no expert, but your plumbers will fix it if they have in in fact forgotten.

Yay! I'll be interested to see the configuration once they're done. Did you get a chance to find out if it will be necessary to have it cycle through solar first? Like Kim, I would think you'd want the option to not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since this build started several changes have occurred. Originally we were going to have four columns along the rear raised beam wall. That has been changed to three with the sheers coming out of the columns. The location of our current hot tub has been changed. We have increased the amount of decking and the existing patio will be demo'd and replaced with travertine pavers to match the rest of the new decking. We have added a covered patio and an outdoor kitchen island. Today I was informed by the boss that we will also be including a water slide for the kids. All interior projects have been placed on a temporary hold until the outside is done.

Will, I don't think it's a good idea for our wives to meet each other! Hahahaha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.