New build in South Texas

We did 5 retaining walls. On 2 of them we made them with the gunite at the same time we formed the pool. The other 3 were cinder blocks. We used cinder blocks on all the walls that were weight bearing. Hope this helps.

martinkennedy said:
Does anyone have any experience with Blue Square automatic in-floor cleaning system?

What about the Aqua Cal heat pump Sq 175?

I just installed an A&A in floor cleaning system. So far I like it. You will read mixed reviews on these systems. In my opinion its all about the plumbing.

3 inch suction lines
2.5 inch return to the water valve
2 inch pipe from water valve to the heads

Also, its important to ensure the builder follows the engineering plans from blue square. If all of this is done, the system should work great

Those are the size pipes that I have. Great. This is my thrid pool build in the last 20 years (3 new houses) but the first with the in ground system. I think the technology has improved since my first build.

The PB has all the forms in for the last of the concrete work. They used 80 yards for the pool and catch basin, 40 yards for the retaining walls and steps on one side and probably will use 40 yards on the other side.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am finally back and able to post some updates. If anyone is interested to see all the photo album, you can go back to the first page and click on the photobucket link. Warning its 152 slides and counting

The picture below shows the mini waterfall that will be on each side of the pool. The PVC pipe will be hidden by the travertine coping and the water will flow over ledger stone into the catch basin and then will go through a hidden pipe back into the main basin from the infinity edge.

Has anyone here done different finishes on the interior of your pool? We are going to do Quartz Tahoe blue throughout the pool and Beadcreate on the interior infinity wall. This will give some contrast between the interior finishes. What do you think?

The PB laid the stone base for the travertine and then added the sand on top. Looks like he has to get more stone to finish the base. You can see where the travertine pavers and the travertine tile on the patio are going to meet. They are figuring out the transition

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.