New Build in Rockwall, TX

Feb 22, 2016
Rockwall, TX
Hello all, been "trolling" for a while and decided to be a good forum citizen and join! Started our new pool last Wednesday morning Feb 17th, and it has been non-stop activity since.

Pool dug and steel in the first day! Plumbers out to stub the plumbing on day 2. Then a quick hold up for an city inspection. Saturday Gunite in.
Today the tile guys are here and the plumbing guys are finishing up. Still have electric to go, then wait for the gunite to finish "curing". Been very happy with our pb. We vetted 3 builders and decided on this one, basically because of their personal touch. PB has been in constant communication since the start. So far we have been overjoyed at the progress and result. More to come. I'll get some pics up later.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, you are knee-deep in the pool world now. Nothing but stress and headaches for the next couple weeks. But soon it will taper-off and you'll be ready to fill. Stay close, post pics, and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome!

Oh, and later, don't forget to add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Thanks for the Welcome! We are indeed knee deep in it! But so far the experience has been beyond our expectations. We spent a lot of time with the 3 builders we looked at and felt very confident that this PB was the one that suited us. So far it has proven correct. I have edited my signature as well! Looking forward to being an active part of the community.

OH Goodie! A new pool build! Pics PLEASE!!

Use photo bucket or such to add them!

Do you have a test kit yet? You are so close to plaster you need to get one now so you can test your fill water and know what to have on hand when the time comes.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! How's your yard holding up with all the rain we've gotten the last couple of days? Ours is a mud pit! I actually forbade the kids from going out in the backyard because of the mess. My three year old lost her boots in the mud and came in a barefooted muddy disaster.

I finally can see your photos. Looks like it is going great. Your pool does look larger than I thought it would be based on the gallons. I am happy that you are having a great experience!:D Can't wait to see the finished product.

Well today the rebar and forms are being set for the decking. It is moving right along. Pictures coming later. We actually added a little more deck after we saw where the fire pit was going. Need a little more room. Good to have a PB that will bring those sort of things to your attention. Now if the weather will cooperate we may have deck poured in the next few day. Rain in the forecast is not making it look good.

Fence builder should be in next week to rebuild the our back fence and front fence. Then irrigation guys in to restore our sprinkler system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.