New build in Northern VA

Hi, everybody!

We finally started our excavation yesterday. It took about a year of planning, permits and HOA meetings. I attached a pic of the dig from today, and a picture of the backyard from last year when we purchased the house. The steep slope and county easements were challenging, but here we go!

I am sure I will have plenty of questions and concerns as we move forward. The diggers already encountered solid rock today, so more $$ for equipment and labor tomorrow. Yay!

We know that we are very fortunate to be moving forward at all, given the current situation in VA and most of the US.

Thank you for having this forum!

Melissa

Who's the PB? We're beginning the process now ourselves in NoVA. Thanks!

We are getting our retaining wall put in, and the casita is arriving on 7/29. The PB told us that the Wet Edge installer was able to get the black pebble as soon as it arrived in the US, so we should be ready to go for our appointment in 2 weeks.

I have a grout question. Our PB uses Laticrete Spectralock Epoxy grout, which I think is good? Our tile is glass with a dark background, but the tile is lighter in color. Since our Primera Stone is going to be basically black, he said we should go with a dark grout. I am not sure if I like that. Does anybody here have experience with the translucent grout?

Here are some pics:

image.jpg270B3A3F-C02B-46F1-9E3E-5D7801CB2FE1.jpeg77E86F66-029D-4644-8103-52F41AE41E91.jpeg

Reactions: String2005
Finally getting the pool filled! We got the Primera Stone Starfall, like we wanted. I got the lighter grout that I wanted, but was overruled on putting any tile markers on the steps or sunshelf. The Wet Edge instructions say 7 days before we can go in.

Thank you to everybody here for your help and advice through this process. I am sure I will have many more questions once our testing is up and running.
2D8BB8A1-4AAC-4F2D-9CFA-B6E729606A6A.jpeg

:party: OH YEAH!!!

Do not turn off the water until the water is half way up that pretty tile!

The pool color with may have some green in it. That is normal and will change as the water gets balanced and the plaster cures. The true color will show up fast and pretty!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few more pics after it is done filling. It was cloudy all day today with a little rain. I will take more pictures if the sun ever comes out.

The filter is not going yet. The PB said that they will handle the brushing and water testing starting on Monday. This is different than what Wet Edge recommends. Hopefully that will be ok. D5877108-7E89-43A7-AE58-D1C1F8B5103F.jpegBC35059B-CDB4-4AD7-801D-9D506BD51495.jpegC9DEA270-F860-4F4B-95D4-401F380A69B1.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.