New build in MS *new pictures 4/3***

Re: New build in MS *new pictures 3/22***

Things have been kind of slow with rain and the builder being very cautious to make sure they didn't have any more leaks. We got all the returns, skimmers and lights cut in and they had to re-grade the yard and I was very impressed with how they smoothed out the front yard so it would look better temporarily until the concrete trucks come through for the apron/deck. We got all the stone work done and it was too late/dark to take a picture of the entire pool once they finished. Will be rained out today and tomorrow but hopefully will have great weather next week to finish electrical, stone fire pit and concrete!

IMG_20130321_151145_849_zpsec7d1fe5.jpg

Re: New build in MS *new pictures 3/25***

Rain has been back most of the weekend but the electricians were busy today. The stone is finished until the fire pit goes in. Will hopefully fire the pumps up tomorrow and start getting the water looking a bit better.

The electric components mounted:
IMG_20130325_175403_420_zpsb66dd63e.jpg

Not happy with the timer, may ask about swapping for digital ones:
IMG_20130325_175415_564_zpsc5c376f4.jpg

Stone and murky looking water:
IMG_20130325_175502_915_zpsbf82b069.jpg

Electric not really clean, the seal tite s/b secured I think the grey pvc not straight.

Panel hanging in mid air on the right.

Pvc out of pump looks funny????like a bad angle.

The elec and plumb install needs a going over.

the stone work should not have those small pie shaped slivers, I wouldn't accept that at all

Sorry to be critical.

The electric and the plumbing are not complete. Plumbing has to be cut and refitted for the salt system still.

The power isn't turned on yet and still needs to have two outlets installed, both timers wired, all trenches re-covered and finished. On the other side of the pool these wires are sticking up out of conduit waiting for lights and PB so they can finish. That's just as far as they got in one afternoon.

The box is in question, salt cell I think, is mounted to the fence

Not sure how you do stone without the pie shaped pieces? I watched them cut/install some of it and they cut those pieces out of huge chunks, 4x4 slabs, of natural stone. How do you recommend a way to get those big chunks to fit around a curved pool without some filler pieces?

blakestretch said:
The electric and the plumbing are not complete. Plumbing has to be cut and refitted for the salt system still.

The power isn't turned on yet and still needs to have two outlets installed, both timers wired, all trenches re-covered and finished. On the other side of the pool these wires are sticking up out of conduit waiting for lights and PB so they can finish. That's just as far as they got in one afternoon.

The box is in question, salt cell I think, is mounted to the fence

Not sure how you do stone without the pie shaped pieces? I watched them cut/install some of it and they cut those pieces out of huge chunks, 4x4 slabs, of natural stone. How do you recommend a way to get those big chunks to fit around a curved pool without some filler pieces?

Ok perhaps another pic when the plumbing and elec are done then.

There should not be filler pieces, take the lager piece for example on either side add the little filler, now cut that shape out of ONE piece,
that IMO is the right or professional way.

Just think before you make final payment that needs to be fixed, just trying to help.

That would require a piece of stone almost 6ft x 6ft to make one piece out of. And then the very next piece curves in towards the stairs. So you're saying I would need a piece bigger than 8ft by 8ft so it would fit over the stairs to make the curve without any gaps? I just don't think it's possible with natural stone, it is with tile but we were warned we'd have a lot of pie shaped pieces to make all the curves in the pool.

You're misunderstanding my point.

In this pic there R two pie shape pieces, see those?

They should have been made from two larger pieces not four.

IMG_20130321_151145_849_zpsec7d1fe5.jpg

I have a couple pie shape fillers in my stone as well. To get all solid pieces it would cost me more as there would be a lot of waste of small pieces from the cuts. I did have them replace a couple pieces I did not like

Re: New build in MS *new pictures 3/27***

Not much happening the past two days that are picture worthy. Got the water looking a lot better until I wasn't paying attention and busted their temp drain line and they had to stop vacuuming the pool! OOPS, just add it to my bill. We got the deck outline painted twice, once to look and then to make changes. We decided to ditch the built in stone fire pit as the wife and I don't think it will get used much and can use the space for chairs or entertaining plus they make some really nice looking portable ones.

Should have the forms up today for the deck, lights installed and electrical done today. Was kind of weird waking up and seeing the Polaris running in the pool but at least I know the freeze protection works!

Water quality improving, until I ruined their hose:
IMG_20130326_102831_269_zps2d01631a.jpg

My lab puppy built a fort/nest so she could look out the windows and watch the workers:
IMG_20130326_110607_319_zps90a74546.jpg

How old is your lab. Ours is 8 months and she has done really well considering she lost her yard. She'll just lay on the patio and watch
8561389516_b4b0a37b48.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ours is coming up on 8 months and after seeing your picture and seeing her play with a neighbors lab who is almost a year I can certainly tell she'll be a smaller lab.

Did you watch them put the stone coping down? Im curious how they did it. I see wire mesh under it. Did they put mortar down, press the wire mesh into the mortar then seat the stone into it?

Im asking as im going to do mine and am trying to find the best way.

I watched part of it. The wire mesh is screwed or nailed, i forget which, to the metal flanges that held the liner in place. They then put mortar on that and then the stone into the mortar. Make sense? I know they waste or can't use a ton of stone as the trash pile was easily 6ft wide and 4ft tall with huge pie shaped pieces.

blakestretch said:
I watched part of it. The wire mesh is screwed or nailed, i forget which, to the metal flanges that held the liner in place. They then put mortar on that and then the stone into the mortar. Make sense? I know they waste or can't use a ton of stone as the trash pile was easily 6ft wide and 4ft tall with huge pie shaped pieces.

Yes, that makes perfect sense!

I can imagine there was a lot of waste with an irregular shape pool! Looks great though!

Thanks! if you look on page one towards the bottom there are a couple of pictures where you can see the mesh before the stone. We are very happy with the pool and the PB so far. Called the PB at 6 last night to ask about changing slides and locations and he was at my house in 20 minutes with paint to draw the deck again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.