New Build in Macon, GA - COMPLETE!

Been out of town and then weather delays, but it’s now been plastered, filled and decking poured. Just waiting for Pool School to learn how to work everything. Then on to landscaping. I can’t wait to have my backyard back!! And the kids can’t wait to swim!!!

14F54426-C264-4874-BF33-314EFFE1DB5E.jpeg
DC853698-AE86-4245-8C38-C548AC86F0B0.jpeg
1CD152CC-F9B3-4811-9581-1D31E3968B8F.jpeg
B30A9F7A-23C8-49AC-8C74-C63D262719D1.jpeg
BCA75C3A-79D1-4C58-BB0B-AE0A22FDE1D1.jpeg
CAA18560-6986-47A3-8483-F351FF016CAE.jpeg
92498B03-B5E8-44F8-BD7A-CEDEC8F24AA1.jpeg

Good! Make sure to brush it often to get the plaster dust off the plaster and into the filter. Keep a close eye on the filter pressure. It might even be a good idea for them to show you how to clean it by cleaning it during pool school.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: joynun

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You nailed it! That IS the backwash line. So do you have a good place to send a fast, large volume of water to? Think about your neighbors and your yard. If you want to get fancy and extra easy you can ask someone to dig a trench to put more pvc pipe into that will take the water where you want it to go to daylight. Think about where and how it will exit. There are pop ups you can put in the end that you can mow over. If you don't want to do that then you can pull out the back wash hose any time you want/need to backwash or to remove water (this is what I do and believe me it gets old real fast :roll: Trying to talk hubby into digging a trench for my pipe!!)

Filter pressure.....I am guessing the green arrow is the pressure it was when they first tuned on the pump/filter. So that is your "clean" pressure. I am guessing the red is where they think you should clean the filter. Here at TFP we say to clean a filter when it gets 20% over the clean pressure. I will let you do the math as I am still in Kindergarten and 1+1=3 LOL

Kim:kim:

Just know the water will be coming out fast and kind of high pressure so it will channel where it hits and may cause some problems. You can make a "rock stream" with large river rock. It will be pretty and functional at the same time!

Reactions: joynun
Pool has just recently been turned over to us from PB and we’ve been testing and following recommendations from Pool Math. I have a TF-100 test kit. But, I’m having a hard time with the CYA reading. I add water all the way to the top of the tube and yet I can still see the black dot. I have no idea what my reading is??

Also, my CH was very low today (90) and it said to add 52 lbs of calcium chloride. We had a 12lb bucket of BioGuard 300 from PB, so I added that whole thing. Should I add 40 more lbs of that or is there something better I should use?

Thank you so much in advance for your help! I’m a total newbie here and really have no idea what I’m doing yet ?

I think there’s a way to attach my Pool Logs here, but I can’t figure it out. If those would be helpful, please let me know how to attach and I will!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.