New build in DFW Area UPDATE: Fill Complete

Wonderful pictures. I am so glad your tiles were in stock. Beautiful choices. I will be excited to see all the pictures that will be coming soon!

One more step down. They are doing final electrical for the pool equipment and the arbor today. All that’s left it interior clean and plaster later this week.

I am currently working on my 150’ run of speaker wire. I got it ran from the attic and have it pulled through the walls and the 150’ run. Currently have about half of it trencher and buried. Almost to the stopping point of trenching until I have a chance to install my speakers later this week. I’ll the speaker install when I plant the plants.

Going to buy sod later and resod the parts of my front and side yards that got tore up by trenching for electrical and gas lines.

Tomorrow I’ll continue to prep for landscaping. Thursday my rock and the rest of my mulch will be here.

Interior clean up is currently happening.
Looks like plaster tomorrow morning.

I laid my sod for the front and right side yard yesterday and today. I also prepped for my gravel pathway today. The gravel for it is delivered tomorrow.

Plaster crew arrived at 7:00am.

The company they are using get extremely high ratings so here is hoping for a great plaster job.

Its about 7:30 and they are about done prepping.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And at about 10:45 they are wrapping up and starting to clean and pack up. Not sure if they are going to be back tonight to do the acid wash and start the fill or if they will wait till tomorrow.

Reactions: joel98z
Installed my sound system. Have to go buy some banana plugs to finish setting it up. Will test to make sure everything is working before back filling the trenches.

Oh and whatever version of this CL Industries Crystal Stones I have is similar in feel to peeble sheen.

Going to look awesome. I'm sure the wait sucked but its going to be joy for years to come. Makes me anxious to have ours get started in the very near future. I like the bottle idea on the end of the hose to make it float off the floor as the water fills.

Finally finished my outdoor speaker system install. This 100 degree hear sucks. This morning I finished trenching the speaker cable and then connected the speakers to the cable. I tested it this afternoon before wrapping all the wires and wire nuts with electrical tape per instructions. Then tested it again. Then back filled and graded. Then tested again.

I have to say I am impressed with the Mag 6.1 by Sonance & Sonos. It is loud and booming in my back yard but you cannot really hear it in my neighbors yard or in the front.

37 hours later and the fill is complete.

Starting water meter 330800
Ending water meter 344600

Approx gallons in spa and pool = 14000

And the plaster/pebble is in fact CL Industries Crystal Stones Smooth Aqua White.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.