New Build in Central Texas - Patio Build Out

At least being in central Texas, a rock structure like that is part of the natural environment. Here in DFW, I’ve seen way too many rock waterfalls and slides that just look completely out of place, especially when there’s not even one other stone on the property. I suspect you’ll be able to integrate additional landscaping that will make it look more natural, especially since you pre-planned for it.

So one thing I noticed is the boulders are too uniform in size and shape so it doesn't look natural. They look like they are in rows. I don't know if you could change that up some. If you could take out some of that and add in some flat rocks or large boulders to break up that appearance. Too me, it's not size as much as it is what I said above, that it is too uniform and in rows so that it doesn't look natural. As for landscaping, that will help. Maybe put some small rocks or decomposed granite ground cover in and around that area. You can see your PB did this on his example.

So today makes 28 days! Let the next phase begin ....

1601059372076.png

280lbs of salt going in ... should get me very close to 3000ppm

1601059416401.png

It took about 20 mins, using the pool brush to push it around, for it to dissolve. Now I wait and test the water tomorrow. Assuming I'm in range of the IC40, I'll then replace the dummy cell with the SWCG cell, and fire it up.

Here's the other latest addition ... from Marina Pool and Spa ... We are sooo glad to be done with the daily brushing and vacuuming :D @MarinaMargaret was a pleasure to do business with!

1601059609019.png

Reactions: NWS and JC707
The next phase is underway. The small moss rock border for the planter area (where the 4 trees are) is in, and now working on the retaining wall behind the waterfall and the flagstone patio. The crew is planning to be finished by the weekend ... but we'll see.

1601556777770.png

More progress on the patio area. It's going slower than we'd like, but progress none the less.

1602073901627.png

1602074409733.png

1602074535206.png

We really like the way the wall and patio completes the design and will provide another space to the area :)

Reactions: Turbo1Ton

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love the way your yard's come together. The trees. Hope your trees get enough water with the decking over their roots -- and that the tree roots won't tear into it. I bet you're outside all the time now! Share some when your decking is complete - It looks fantastic!

Thanks guys! We're really pleased as well. Here's the progress as of this evening.

1602287981764.png

1602288028451.png

1602288068883.png

I love the way your yard's come together. The trees. Hope your trees get enough water with the decking over their roots -- and that the tree roots won't tear into it. I bet you're outside all the time now! Share some when your decking is complete - It looks fantastic!

Thanks! I also had the same concern for the trees; which is why I went with a dry fit patio ... ie: no concrete or mortar being used. It's a packed dirt base, then sand for the stones to sit on, with crushed granite in between the stones. So rain water will be able to drain between the flagstone and into the ground for the roots. As the trees grow, and the roots upset the stones .. we can just pull up the ones that shift, and reset them back down to level it out again.

That's really smart laying the patio out like that with the trees in mind. Love the lights in your wall and steps, too! Are those waterproof? I've seen those in pictures but never read details. Your yard looks gorgeous!

That's really smart laying the patio out like that with the trees in mind. Love the lights in your wall and steps, too! Are those waterproof? I've seen those in pictures but never read details. Your yard looks gorgeous!

Thanks! Ya, the lights are IP65 waterproof, for wet locations.

The ones on the wall are 4", with 2 LEDs each ...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HK4JDY/

The ones on the steps are 7" with 4 LEDs each ...

I've been slowly adding lights around the property, including some 12v tree up lights, but also these solar up lights; which I'm really liking! I have 24 of these around the property now. They're not great for lighting up trees, but work really, really well against a wall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08613QT99/

Here's an exaple of where I used some on the front of the house. I also have them around the shed by the pool, but no night pictures of them.

1602447843796.png

Your pool is amazing
Did you consider other Sheen colors other than Blue Surf
How do you think the finished color compares to Granite, Prism etc ...

Do you have any other water pictures you can share, that would be great to view?

Your pool is amazing
Did you consider other Sheen colors other than Blue Surf
How do you think the finished color compares to Granite, Prism etc ...

Do you have any other water pictures you can share, that would be great to view?

Thanks! When we were looking at Pebblesheen colors, my wife had picked out a tier 3 color at first, but I didn't want the up-charge for it. So our salesman said the Blue Surf was very, very close to what she had chosen, and was a tier 1 color. So we went with it. Being colorblind, I wasn't much help in this arena, and it was all up to the wife.

I think this picture does a really good job of showing what the color looks like in person .. but then again, consider I am color blind :p We ended up Google searching "Pebblesheen Blue Surf", and looked through quite a lot of photos when the wife was making the decision.

1602464786646.png

And for the lighting, here's a decent night shot I took tonight

1602464991313.png

And here's one from the other side, where you can see the solar up-lights on the shed in the background. The tree in the background on the right is lit by a 12v LED up-light, but the ones on the shed are those flat, solar lights I linked to above.

1602465051931.png

Reactions: Gladius Nova
Thanks! When we were looking at Pebblesheen colors, my wife had picked out a tier 3 color at first, but I didn't want the up-charge for it. So our salesman said the Blue Surf was very, very close to what she had chosen, and was a tier 1 color. So we went with it. Being colorblind, I wasn't much help in this arena, and it was all up to the wife.

I think this picture does a really good job of showing what the color looks like in person .. but then again, consider I am color blind :p We ended up Google searching "Pebblesheen Blue Surf", and looked through quite a lot of photos when the wife was making the decision.

View attachment 165449

And for the lighting, here's a decent night shot I took tonight

View attachment 165450

And here's one from the other side, where you can see the solar up-lights on the shed in the background. The tree in the background on the right is lit by a 12v LED up-light, but the ones on the shed are those flat, solar lights I linked to above.

View attachment 165451
Beautiful color both day and night - that’s for sharing the process of how you decided in color

for whatever reason this is one of the hardest decisions we have in front of us and still undecided - thinking we will try and visit a few locally and see if that helps

again- gorgeous set up

@Stoopalini, has your wife said how close the color came out compared to what you saw online? I just keep hearing that you can’t go by the pictures and it will look different in your own yard because of surroundings. I get that, but I would think it has to look something like at least some of the pictures. So I’m wondering if she got what she was thinking she would get?

Thanks for the information on the lights. I'm going to cut and paste those links and such - I want lights like that but don't want to think about wires in the brick wall. I was thinking something easy to attach to the outside of a wall but am not sure about splashing and water resistance. Your information will help a ton on my research! Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.