Gold Supporter
Aug 10, 2020
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all! I've been here for a 4+ months as we were going through the build process. We're approaching 6mos from contract signing and 5mos from permit approval. We've suffered through a number of delays - gunite supply was lower than demand, etc. Now our plaster was delayed again due to weather and company availability. As we were sitting here admiring our empty pool and talking ourselves into the lackluster stained concrete color-choice (self-inflicted), we noticed our water features were off-center and not equally spaced. Our PB tried to tell us this was the design...we showed him a picture of his pool design the crew left on site and that we never received to argue otherwise. So now, we have to pull off the coping, and move two of our water features to get back to center alignment. Wondering what we need to watch for as they redo this work. I'm just wondering...what else wasn't done correctly? The foreman says this is the first time in 6 years working with the PB he's had this happen...and they did have rave reviews which is why we selected the company...

In the picture, the vertical red line is roughly center and the highlights are the water spouts. One is 22" between and the other is 24" between.

Thoughts? and feel free to tell me the coping isn't too yellow and that the Irish Mist Pebble Sheen will complement it and the tile nicely... :)

Attachments

• poolOffCenter.jpg
    poolOffCenter.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 70
That’s a bummer! But that is pretty bad. It’s like they just put them wherever they felt like. I can’t understand why someone would design it that way. It’s a pain to have them redo it but it is December so it’s not like there’s a rush so you don’t miss the swim season.

I swear, its things like that where I'm just like "did you even think at all when you were doing that?" There is no explanation for that except for laziness.

My stub outs for my scuppers were not centered either, but the PB cut out the concrete and moved it over so that it looked proper. I didn't have to ask, or even worry about that.

Not sure there is anything really to watch for. Make sure they replace any of the tile they mess up while moving them. You might discuss with them the plan and steps that will be taken to move them, that way you understand what they will do and how they plan to rectify it.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.