New build has finally begun!

Spike,

Congrats, this must be exciting for Y'all! Looks like the outline of a good sized pool. This is a great time to fill in your signature. Click top right on your screen name then click "signature" and add all the information on pool size, type, and equipment including model numbers. Then press save and this will be added at the bottom of each post like you see in mine and Maddie's.

Between milestones of progress you should become very familiar with Pool School as well. Read up on it and ask any questions you may have. You'll be far ahead of the game when your pool is ready to fill and be turned over to you for care and feeding. When you get close to finished you should also order your test kit. It is a prerequisite for using TFP methods.

Again, congrats on the pool start and we are looking forward to following your progress so we can celebrate with you!

Chris

Thanks, we are very excited and have been waiting since last August when we decided to go ahead with the pool. It made winter seem even longer. All the rain this spring has caused major delays, but here we are.

Spike,

Thanks for the quick response! Looks like a fantastic pool and you've chosen well on the equipment. I wish I had started with the salt system. Took me almost 5 years of lugging jugs of chlorine to get where you'll be starting from. Please do keep us posted on progress and any time you have questions don't hesitate to ask. We have true experts on everything pool here. Everything from construction techniques, finishes, startup, automation, water chemistry, and trouble-shooting any kind of problem with any equipment. Plus nothing is ever sold here. So the advice you get is from experts and pool enthusiasts that just want to help. So we'll keep our fingers crossed for you on the rain and I hope you're swimming in a sparkling pool in no time!

Good luck!

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice looking pool.
Not sure if it just the pics but it appears to be much higher than the surrounding grade. Was that intentional for ground water purposes?

If you are hauling in fill, what type of fill are you using and how is the PB compacting it?

Thanks, my yard has little bit of a slope to it, so the back side has more of the pool wall exposed. They brought in screenings to backfill with. I believe they will compact it with a plate compactor.
Nice looking pool.
Not sure if it just the pics but it appears to be much higher than the surrounding grade. Was that intentional for ground water purposes?

If you are hauling in fill, what type of fill are you using and how is the PB compacting it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.