Cedar Park, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Our Plan has the front of the pool at ground level and the back above ground level due to the slope of our yard. The equipment pad will be at the back of the pool around 5 feet below water level. What special considerations need to be taken into account for this?

1614098273796.png

We will have all Jandy Equipment. Here is the list:
  • Jandy Stealth 2.7hp VS pump
  • 2 hp Booster pump for spa
  • Jandy CV Cartridge Filter 580 SqFt
  • Jandy TruClear SWG system
  • Jandy JXI Natural Gas 400K BTU heater
  • Actuators for water features (1 bubbler, 1 sheer, 3 deck jets (all on or off))
  • Chlorinator tab feeder (Already asked about taking off. They want it on for pool set up period)
  • Aqualink RS
Do I need to be on the look out for certain cut-offs, bypasses, special drains, etc? Located in central Texas so we don't usually winterize, 2021 be Darn. Friends use their spas year round.

Thanks

With the recent cold, it would be advisable to have a method to shut off the lines to/from the pad to the pool, below ground, and insulated. The valves need to be accessible, and proper valves (such as Never Lubes). Sprinkler box, insulated? Give some thought to that.

Also, the TruClear SWCG has had issues. The Aquapure 1400 is a better choice if you stay with Jandy. Be aware that Jandy is not DIY friendly. So any future maintenance, work, parts, etc will be only available via an authorized service person.

Can you share more info on problems with the TruClear? I understood it was the newer system that was easier/cheaper to replace the cell, etc.

Thanks. Yep on the recent cold snap comments. We were lucky and never lost power but if I can get a system designed to be dry in the winter for a future cold snap I should.

A broken or cracked pipe from main drain could drain the whole pool if there aren't proper precautions taken with shut off valves since it will be about 4-5 feet below the water level.

Make sure that the heater has a flow switch.

It comes with a pressure switch that can be activated by the water pressure when installed below grade.

This means that, with just a pressure switch, the heater can run with no flow, which will ruin the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.