New build- Baytown, TX

Aug 24, 2016
Baytown/TX
We are a couple days away from signing the contract. Still have to go through HOA approval which will take a couple weeks. Also have to get the electric company to move their line that they buried right in the middle of our backyard. Going with A&S for our builder.

Pool will be 35 ft long and widest spot will be 20ft. 510 sq ft of water
Water depth will be 3ft to 6.5ft.
Travertine for coping and the kool decking. 510 sq ft
4 returns
A&S white mini pebble plaster
Also will be having a moss rock waterfall that will be 6' long and 2' tall and additional rocks on each side.
2HP VS Jandy FloPro pump w/ controller
40k gallon Fusion SWG
460 sq ft cartridge filter
Polaris 9450 robot cleaner
1 Colorlogix LED
9' sunshelf

Welcome to TFP...lots more info needed. Once you get proposal up and pics of current space that will get things going. Take a look at some of the builds and you will get an idea of info needed to help. Congrats for sure!

cc1a89337103a741477f5fd8fbf4c6a4.jpg

very nice plan you have, the only thing that I would suggest would be to go deeper than 3ft on the low end, minimum 3.5-4ft...., when we thought about our build we had the 3ft in mind aswell, and after reading on here im glad i opted to go a little deeper on the shallow end. Our pool was build by Backyard Amenities out of Baytown, did you happen to get a quote from them? they over exceeded our expectations on our build, highly recommend.

Looking good...I would consider going deeper on shallow end for sure. This TX heat is something...we went 4' on each end and 5.5' in the middle and my pool temp is 90 or higher during the day. Food for thought...

Hello. We are from Beaumont and are also using A&S. We are using the Spring branch. They are laying out the pool to make sure we like the size, shape and location during our meet and greet this week. I can't find many people on here who use A&S so it will be nice to be able to compare since we are starting our pools about the same time. We are also using A&S white mini pebble but ours have blue glass beads.( not sure why ours has beads we were told it was the included finish) I am curious about their pool finish. I hope it is good quality. Good luck on your build!

Hello. We are from Beaumont and are also using A&S. We are using the Spring branch. They are laying out the pool to make sure we like the size, shape and location during our meet and greet this week. I can't find many people on here who use A&S so it will be nice to be able to compare since we are starting our pools about the same time. We are also using A&S white mini pebble but ours have blue glass beads.( not sure why ours has beads we were told it was the included finish) I am curious about their pool finish. I hope it is good quality. Good luck on your build!

do a build thread with yalls and I will for sure follow along. My wife went to 2 people in our neighborhood who also went with A&S. They had the same plaster and both liked it. They both spoke very highly of A&S

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What color is that spray deck - I like that color!?

I am not sure on exact color right now. I will have to look at paperwork.

Comcast moved their cable yesterday and electric company has been trying to move theirs for a week but there has been high % of rain. Supposed to come out tomorrow and finish.

Also we will be meeting the PM for our build tomorrow and they will be doing the pool layout. Hopefully that means the dig will be very soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.