New build: 18x40 igp rectangle 90 degree corners, in over-taxed ny

jpelizza

Bronze Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Upstate NY
After a long summer last year of planning what we wanted (abp or igp) we finally decided late october 2016 to sign pool contract and broke ground last week.

- 18'x40' IGP RECTANGE, 90 DEGREE CORNERS, 8' CENTER CEMENT STEPS LINER ON TOP
- 2 SKIMMERS
- 6 RETURNS
- 2 MAIN DRAINS (DEEP END)
- 18'X11' SHALLOW END, 40" DEEP
- 9'x9' FLAT HOPPER IN DEEP END, 8'6" DEEP
- 4 PENTAIR GLOBRITE COLOR CHANGING UNDERWATER LED LIGHTS
- CHLORINE GENERATOR BY PENTAIR WITH SACRIFICIAL ANNODE
- PENTAIR ULTRATEMP 140 (14OK BTU'S
- S.R. SMITH TURBO TWISTER SLIDE, COLOR: GRAY GRANITE
- S.R. SMITH 8' TRUE TREAD DIVING BOARD WITH SALT BASE SYSTEM, USING 10" JIG (6" IN CEMENT, 2 3/8 BOLTS THROUH PAVER, 1 1/2" UP FOR BASE)
- COPING PAVER IS UNILOCK BRUSSELS FULLNOSE 6"X12", COLOR: LIMESTONE

Will upload pics soon!

I look forward to following along! Looks like a great start, now time for a little snow.

One word of advice is to go through the trouble of checking with your insurance company now regarding the diving board (and slide for that matter). And if you have an umbrella policy, check with them too. Sometimes one will cover but the other won't and you are out of luck either way. We had to change ALL of our insurance to accommodate a diving board. But it was a priority for us so we did it. I told my agent I was getting a pool and all seemed good after reviewing our underlying policies. But they also passed the word on to the umbrella carrier (highly recommend umbrella policy for anyone with assets - and of course a pool) and it was them who wouldn't cover it. Either take the board out or no umbrella coverage. But our umbrella was by the same company as our underlying policies. You can get standalone but it is more complex. So they all went out the door and Nationwide is now on my side. Incidentally, our main policy only required that the diving board have a non-slip surface (and depth).

Also, a diving board is not an item to be tacked on later. If you want to have one, you will need to have the jig installed within your deck as it is built. Along with having it included in the electrical bonding process during construction. My apologies if you are familiar with these items already but I like to share them to avoid issues for folks.

thanks for the advice i will check on the insurance. and yes i'm planning on putting the cement pads under where a slide will go and diving board so i can lay pavers on top and still attach them.

I look forward to following along! Looks like a great start, now time for a little snow.

One word of advice is to go through the trouble of checking with your insurance company now regarding the diving board (and slide for that matter). And if you have an umbrella policy, check with them too. Sometimes one will cover but the other won't and you are out of luck either way. We had to change ALL of our insurance to accommodate a diving board. But it was a priority for us so we did it. I told my agent I was getting a pool and all seemed good after reviewing our underlying policies. But they also passed the word on to the umbrella carrier (highly recommend umbrella policy for anyone with assets - and of course a pool) and it was them who wouldn't cover it. Either take the board out or no umbrella coverage. But our umbrella was by the same company as our underlying policies. You can get standalone but it is more complex. So they all went out the door and Nationwide is now on my side. Incidentally, our main policy only required that the diving board have a non-slip surface (and depth).

Also, a diving board is not an item to be tacked on later. If you want to have one, you will need to have the jig installed within your deck as it is built. Along with having it included in the electrical bonding process during construction. My apologies if you are familiar with these items already but I like to share them to avoid issues for folks.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for all the nice comments, we are very excited! any we are leaning toward the del caribe liner from vinyl works, it will be very close to sandstone but maybe a hint more aqua blue to it. i'll post pic of the two soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So she got what she wanted???? LOL :slidehalo:

Kim:kim:

Lol, we both like it, I still think the sandstone or del caribe would be great. The gray granite with out shape pool will be right choice I think.. will definetly post pics!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to decide between the exact same liners. We just ordered gray granite as well! Look forward to seeing pics. Our pool build has not started.

We looking forward to posting pics!
Good luck with your build!

Ok its been a little slow over past several weeks. We have had rain almost everyday and its been slow going. This week things are and should be moving alone.

- officially ordered "GRAY GRANITE" liner from vinyl works.
- skimmer tops, returns/drains all getting light gray covers due to liner choice.
-electric is going in this week
- i'm still forming up for 10 inches of level cement apron around edge of pool. I'm also forming up for two railings, one ladder deep end, diving board, and slide base. Should be about 5 yards of cement. Planning on pouring on 5/15/17 (electric needs inspected for bonding prior to pouring)
- the heat pump should be delivered tomorrow (pentair 140)
- slide (turbo twister) has been delivered a few weeks ago and have most of it together, it is huge!!! We picked gray granite for slide its beautiful.
- diving board ready to go (s.r. Smith 8 feet with salt base system true tread board). I had to get 10inch jig so that it stays in cemant and bolts are long enough to go through pavers and have enough to fit base of diving board on. (6 inches in cement, 2 3/8inch for paver, and 1.5 inchs left to bolt base)

-once cement apron poured on 5/15/17, will be putting unilock fullnose paver 6 inch by 12 inch for coping. We picked limestone color. It has a lot of grip which is what we wanted. We ruled out stamped concrete as the sealer seems to make it very slippery most people say, brushed concrete the misses just doesn't love the look, so we settled on pavers (a lot more work!!!)

a lot of moving parts but hopefully all goes well, really hoping we have liner and water in it by 5/29/17.

Busy stressful few weeks coming....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.