New blue world pool 24 foot round above ground

I see the pics now. :goodjob: You have a standard pump and sand filter. That's fine. But you also have an ionizer that will add copper and do basically nothing to help with sanitation. Why they are sold is still a mystery, but you need to use liquid chlorine to keep algae away and manage your water properly. The proper test kit, along with balancing FC to the current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels is key.
What tester should I get? TF-100? The Taylor K-2006C test kit is for saltwater pools and ours isn't salt water.

So the wife roped you into a pool huh? Me too. :) It's okay, we'll help you. You should be able to just unplug the ionizer. We can do more research on that if needed. For now, liquid chlorine is best (or regular bleach), until you get one of those test kits. I recommend the TF-100. Simply a great value and well stocked. It should last you for the remained of this season and well into next. Once you receive your test kit, post a full set of results and we'll walk you through the next steps.

For now, also try to spend some leisure time reviewing the link below and its sub-pages. Just about everything you need to know is captured on those pages all in one place.

We bought from them too. It does need chlorine. Blue world pools is a bad company. Our installer told us so much bad stuff about them. We got ripped off big time. I got a taylor 2005 test kit and test my own water bc pool store don't take their time and don't get accurate drops for reading. I compared and they were way off. I read the manual online for the power ionizer (website is on the power source) and even it says you need at least .5 ppm chlorine and to shock once a week. Blue world pools is rude and I always get the same guy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.