New Bestway softside pool install

alexl

Sep 16, 2016
Aiken, South Carolina
Hello all,

I am awaiting delivery of a 20'x48" Bestway pool (Sam's club special), looking for a bit of insight.

Back in 2015-2016, We had a 15' (i think) ultraframe pool at another house where I painstakingly leveled the area and used a tarp on our sandy soil. This time, we have a very large concrete patio which I have already measured to be within 3/4" of level, we plan to install the pool on the patio. Do I need any special material between the concrete and pool other than the tarp (once again)? I know many use foam board or other padding, but unclear if this is really necessary for the pool, or simply a matter of comfort.

The pump that comes with the pool appears to be a 1500gph, which i suspect will be marginal at best for the 8-9000 gallon pool. What kind of specs for replacement pump/filter should i be looking for, would something like the intex sx2100 work well?

Thanks all,
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpg
    IMG_4317.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4318.jpg
    IMG_4318.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 8
Side Point: As previous bestway owners, take some time to make sure all metal rail & leg ends are sealed (painted)! Our bestway rusted away silently on a few ends!

Sorry I can't help on the patio question

Reactions: alexl
One more question... When i fill this new pool, is it better to add the required 3-4 lbs of stabilizer and use bleach, or should i use dichlor tablets for the first few weeks to chlorinate and increase CYA, transitioning to bleach once CYA gets to the appropriate level?

One more question... When i fill this new pool, is it better to add the required 3-4 lbs of stabilizer and use bleach, or should i use dichlor tablets for the first few weeks to chlorinate and increase CYA, transitioning to bleach once CYA gets to the appropriate level?
Use PoolMath for amounts needed, either is okay for opening & personal preference, we prefer floating a sock for easiest control of amount & distribution, you will have to float the tablets too, in order to get them distributed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.