New AquaRite control board installed - showing zero salt

jmartrip

Oct 6, 2022
Geneva, IL
Hello. I just installed this new control panel and my system is now showing zero salt and not generating chlorine. The readings are 0000 and -0000. I have the correct T-cell selected (T-cell 15) and the cell was just replaced. I'm wondering if you have any troubleshooting tips for getting this control board to work properly, or if it might be a bad board. It's an AquaRite Goldline system. The only other setting I have select is AL-0 as well as t15. The system is showing a green light for both Power and Generating - but the chlorine has not increased at all over the past 3 days. No other error lights are active. I also do not hear the 2nd relay "click" after switching from Off to Auto - this 2nd click is which usually starts the process of reading current salt levels. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you so much for your help.

Welcome to TFP.

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:

• Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?
Did you install a genuine Hayward board or a generic replacement?

Did you install a genuine Hayward cell or a generic replacement?

Post pics of the panel showing the board and wiring and also the cell.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. The readings are the same both with the system set to OFF and switched back to AUTO.
  • 30.8 (30.0 when switched to AUTO)
  • 91P
  • AL-0
  • r015
  • t-15
  • Actual salinity is 3900 (a bit high). I verified it using test strips and then took a sample to our local pool store.
This issue started occurring out of the blue about 1 month ago. The salt level started lowering every couple of days, and when I added new salt nothing happened. Eventually it reached zero salt and has remained there. The old board was showing no flow and the inspect cell light was solid, so I purchased a new board and installed it yesterday. The no flow and inspect cell lights went off, and now it shows Power and Generating (both solid green) - but no chlorine is being produced. I tested it with a new salt cell and the same issue occurred - zero salt reading, so I'm under the assumption it is not the cell.

I hope this is the information you are looking for. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

I sincerely appreciate your help in diagnosing this issue.

Joe

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 21
Your board and cell are not Hayward parts. There may be some incompatibility between them.

You show 0 amps which confirms the cell is not generating. But the generating light being on is not correct.

Maybe @JamesW has ideas.

I would say use Hayward parts and it should work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.