New and need guidamce

hi Dave. I have been letting 5 or 6 inches out and filling back up and once again today I went off and left the water running into pool and it ran over for several hours. My water bill is going to make me faint but the good news is the light finally quit flashing and went solid green. Chlorine and PH still good. I am going to start back with the CYA in the morning.

Hi Sharlotte,
I got my water bill a few days ago and about had a heart attack. I have been re-doing my backyard grass and the new lawn requires watering 3 times a day for 45 days.
I had my sprinkler controller set to water each zone for 5 minutes. What I didnt realize is that I had my controller set to run this new program and forgot to turn off Program A, which is for regular lawn watering. I about had a cow!

Glad you got the salt down and things are starting to look up.

My pool has been in pretty good shape this summer but I have been slowly adding CYA to get it up to level. I still have a couple of questions. On the CYA test, do you want to absolutely see nothing but white or just not be able to define the edges of the dot? I still have a scale around the water line though it is much better, is there anyway to get rid of it entirely? I am going to be putting my dome over the pool for the winter soon in essence making it an indoor pool. In the past I used a floater and Chlorine tablets and turned off the SWG due to being told the SWG and no evaporation was making the PH go up and also switched to dry acid. But that was before I got on this site and learned about CYA. What suggestions would you have for me to manage thru the winter months? I have more questions but will ask more later. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.