New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

Gurrrrrrrr on the pump turning off but at least you got it going again.

The waterfall does WHAT???? I see some grinding or sanding in someones future!

Well at least they did not give you an open sample bottle of test strips!! We had one build where that is what the PB gave them :( That is an okay basic kit. It is missing the all important CYA test though.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Awp14
Ok so I may need a new kit then!

Ya it seems like that’s what they’ll need to do. Grinding. ?

And I didn’t really get it going. It turned on but the water didn’t move nothing was circulating and the piece of equipment where you can see the water inside like a washing machine door did not turn on. So I’m a little confused. I hope they do come back ASAP tomorrow and then can evaluate the waterfall.

Pool guy came back, pool is running and waterfall working!!! I’m thinking they will maybe do a bit of grinding of the stone but perhaps there wasn’t enough water yesterday to have a good waterfall. We added some last night.

Attachments

• 4C627196-F256-41A5-8264-F0EEA20CD1B7.jpeg
    4C627196-F256-41A5-8264-F0EEA20CD1B7.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Sharkygirl
In your pic it looks like they left it in service mode. When it's in service mode, the auto system is bypassed. Meaning if you have your pump scheduled to run for 8 hours (8am-4pm), the pool guy comes and puts it in service mode (which shuts all the programming down and he can run exactly what he wants at that time then), your set schedule will not continue until it is put back in auto mode. He/she probably has the waterfall set for a certain amount of time as well. Familiarize yourself with that system! Make sure they show you everything and take notes. Ask questions such as "show me what valves are open and which valves are closed when in waterfall mode", or "What do you have to do to the valves to clean the strainer?" etc. Even if you don't care right now, it is always good to be able to know your pool better than anyone else.

In your pic it looks like they left it in service mode. When it's in service mode, the auto system is bypassed. Meaning if you have your pump scheduled to run for 8 hours (8am-4pm), the pool guy comes and puts it in service mode (which shuts all the programming down and he can run exactly what he wants at that time then), your set schedule will not continue until it is put back in auto mode. He/she probably has the waterfall set for a certain amount of time as well. Familiarize yourself with that system! Make sure they show you everything and take notes. Ask questions such as "show me what valves are open and which valves are closed when in waterfall mode", or "What do you have to do to the valves to clean the strainer?" etc. Even if you don't care right now, it is always good to be able to know your pool better than anyone else.
Hmm that’s good information, thanks! I thought it read “service pool” but now realize those are separate lines haha.

So shortly after he left again it shut off. I don’t get why they can’t get it running for 24 hrs like they said it should be, and I don’t want to mess anything up, but wish I could just turn it back on and have it work!

Well, I went to check it out and now we are on auto. Pool School is in two weeks but I wish it was sooner haha

And they’re coming back tomorrow ??

Attachments

• D93CE7E8-1F18-4CBE-A50C-35E57B274D00.jpeg
    D93CE7E8-1F18-4CBE-A50C-35E57B274D00.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 164B75AA-86A8-4B92-BA78-0CA2C5B6067C.jpeg
    164B75AA-86A8-4B92-BA78-0CA2C5B6067C.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I recommend getting the ScreenLogic WiFi adapter kit installed so you can run it all from your phone. The guy who did my pool school charged me $80 to install it (plus the cost of the kit which was around $400). It’s way easier than trying to figure out that panel!

That’s a great suggestion I didn’t know there was such a thing!

And we were between blue surf and blue granite too! I’m happy with it and I love how it looks different in various lightings.

Reactions: Poolbella

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would call your pool guy and let him know it's not running 24/7 as it should be right now. Make sure you brush your pool every day. It's very important.
We are trying to do the three times a day since we got the brush yesterday! But unfortunately with random pop up storms tonight I skipped it lol figured I didn’t want to stand outside with a large metal pole.

Ya the pm said she’s going to talk to the head pool tech tomorrow and hopefully get it figured out.

So today they came back and turned the equipment on again. I noticed water still isn’t coming out of the jets on the side of the pool, and they said the reason is because they moved a valve to 100% of water should go through the spa instead of a portion to the pool and some to the spa, in which case we’d feel water moving in the pool. Definitely learned something today. And they’ll be back tomorrow to change the proportion.

Question on the brushing.

I feel like I’m just moving clouds of dirt from one area of the pool to the other. I know we aren’t supposed to get the robot cleaner yet. Is this just how it is in the beginning?

That is why I say every pool needs a manual vacuum. Get one from Walmart or Lowes that has brushes on the bottom. It will such the dust up and out of the pool and brush it at the same time!!!
Ok so I’m allowed to use a manual vacuum but not the robot yet. Got it! We’ll get one this weekend and test it out.

A friend let us borrow their manual vacuum. That was...interesting...to say the least haha! My husband and I are true novices! We ended up getting it working after a few mishaps and I think we got some of the dirt up but I don’t think we will probably do that again before we get our robot cleaner.. :/

Hey I did not say it would be easy! Once you do it a time or two you will find what works. Getting that hose filled AND keeping it filled while you attach it to to skimmer can be tricky for sure!!

Kim:kim:
Hahaha you’re right. If we had known we’d end up in the pool to get the hose filled we probably would’ve waited until today when it’s warmer ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.