New And Could Use Some Advice

LOL, he’s not the handy sort?

The cleaner has a hole at each end where the water jets out and propels it forward or backwards. There is a gizmo inside that switches it from one side to the other. Make sure that that gizmo is pointed directly at the holes, if it is slightly off it could affect the way that the cleaner moves.

The vacuum started working. Apparently it gets stuck on some of the humps on the floor. Does leaving it going when the pool is not in use cause any issues?

The SWG has quit because of high salt tho. I tested it twice with the K-1766 kit and both times it shows 3200. ????

Here’s the rest of my numbers.

ec76970796a0e9f50d1af8af37f823d3.png

If your salt test shows proper salt and SWCG is not working file a warranty claim.

Keep adding chlorine to maintain your FC, daily.

SWG has been working the last few days. It has a timer set for 5 hours based on what the chart showed for our temps and capacity.

Am I ever going to get to a point where I don’t need to supplement with bleach?

I add the suggested amount each day based on the app and every day FC is only at 3-4.

Here’s yesterday’s #s.

5b868918b30dfa943ca8c6b6fee87ff7.png

Some questions:

What is your CC?
How does water look?
What time does pump run?
What time do you test?

I need to check the CC again. It’s usually been the same or below what FC is tho.

The water looks and smells great. Super clear.

The pump runs from 7:30pm - 7:30am
The SWG starts about 15 min after the pump turns on.

I test in the evenings around 6pm before they turn back on.

The Intex SWG is known for having this problem. Call them and they will send you new parts to replace the malfunctioning ones. Make sure to keep copies of all paperwork you get. I have read of the replacement parts having issues a few months down the road.

The 'high salt' is the problem I was referring to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Amanda,
We run our pump and SWCG from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm at 50% and my FC cruises at 7 ppm with CYA at 70. Consider generating chlorine with SWG during the daylight hours. That is when you're going to lose the most FC. You shouldn't lose any during the hours you are running and the sun is going to consume any you've generated overnight with your CYA that low.

Just to verify...if I have the Intex SWG, you just choose the amount of hours, right? Not a percentage?

I can switch it to daytime easy enough this weekend but don’t know about that 50%.

This is this evening’s #s. It’s been raining off and on here for the past few days.

CC is 0.5

1a6f0f798651e5b754bb2694935f401d.png

And here’s a pic of the water.

f38752e8d32095943e899811249c2489.heic

With a CYA of 50 under the Texas sun, I'm not surprised you're FC is low. Try bumping your CYA up to 70 and you'll likely see your FC rise too. The Texas sun in the hot summer can be brutal on the chlorine in your pool.

Also, I'd definitely recommend running your pump and SWG during the hottest part of the day, when you're gonna be losing the most FC.

Last edited:
Just to verify...if I have the Intex SWG, you just choose the amount of hours, right? Not a percentage?

I can switch it to daytime easy enough this weekend but don’t know about that 50%.

We have a different SWG than you, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you set your pump to run 4 hours and the SWG to operate 2 hours you'll get the same effect as I do setting my SWG to 50%. This is something you have to play with and test until you find the sweet spot in your own pool. But once you do, you'll spend very little time testing and adjusting.

Haven’t switched over to afternoon times yet for the SWG and pump (will do tomorrow) but we’re making progress on FC with the added CYA. I added 11oz of CYA last night but the test didn’t show it had increased any (I’m not a fan of that test).

CC is 0.5

ff059c9cc61450fa761f269ea939eff5.png

The CYA test can take several days to show up. I usually wait a week after adding CYA to test it again. Also, make sure your test is done in bright sunlight with the sun at your back and the long vial about waist level in the shadow created by your body.

Since you added more CYA, change your CYA in the app to what you targeted so it'll adjust your targets for FC. The higher your CYA, the higher your FC target. When you test your CYA again in a couple of days and see what it has really risen to, adjust it in the app again for the new correct value.

We have a different SWG than you, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if you set your pump to run 4 hours and the SWG to operate 2 hours you'll get the same effect as I do setting my SWG to 50%. This is something you have to play with and test until you find the sweet spot in your own pool. But once you do, you'll spend very little time testing and adjusting.

Is that because the pump running is undoing what the SWG is doing? Sorry if that’s a dumb question but just trying to understand how it all works.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.