Mar 25, 2017
TEXAS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all,

So my 6 year old Intex finally decided it had had enough. So we decided to purchase a 18x52 steel walled pool. I have the build site leveled and ready to go.

Problem is we have had recorded setting rain totals in NE Texas this year. Of course it rained this week preventing me from being able to start the installation and the build site is now full of water because it is 11/2 to 2 deeper than the surrounding area. I noticed this morning that crawdads have decided to make my build area home. I counted 6 crawdad holes and mounds.

I’m assuming I now need to dig these areas down and put some type of concrete in and pack sand over it. Is this an ok fix?

Even after all the rain we have had this year, when I took my old pool up the ground was hard as a rock and very solid. I made the diameter larger because we will be adding some landscaping after the install. We are expecting a full week of hot temps and no rain so my plan is to pump the water out of the area this weekend. I’m assuming as long as the area is still solid it is ok to begin the install. Do y’all advise against this if it is the least bit mushy?

Thank you all for the tremendous info on this site. It has made our swimming pool experience very enjoyable!!

Thanks.

Reactions: sammckin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.