New AGP going in

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
Hey guys and gals,

Been awhile since I've been on. We are moving up from a rusted out Intex to a new pool. I'm going to post a list of what I'm putting together to get feedback on the items. We don't want to do this again anytime soon. We were planning on going with the Sharkline Matrix but found it is not rated for any kind of back fill. The pool is on a slope that will be dug out and according to the water level I put together it appears the slope has a 10 - 12" elevation difference. We have decided to go with The Pool Factory's Saltwater 8000. Anybody have experience with this pool? Anyway, here is the list.

1551470651553.png

Does anyone see anything that should be changed, not needed, need to add something, etc? Since we are going with a SWG I decided to go with a cartridge filter instead of sand because of the backwashing. Is the pump/filter I have selected big enough, or should I go with a larger filter? Don't want to be constantly cleaning the filter.

TIA

Bill

If you put this in the search box pool+factory+saltwater there are a few threads about different installs and comparisons. Hope some of that helps!

If you search by the brand name, both online reviews and threads on here seem positive :) And appropriately sized for the pool. Don't forget a complete/full test kit (not strips), I believe the Salt test strips are ok for guesstimating, but no test strips for your chemical balances.

TFP is a wealth of information and lots of help here to be had. A little patience goes a long way. You just asked for help this afternoon. That being said have you considered the following?
how about a solar/winter cover? ladder? heater? wall brush? vaccuum? As splashpad mentioned, dont forget a good test kit. great investment.

Reactions: splashpad
Thank you @splashpad & @Bosley to stepping up and helping him out! :hug:

I looked over your list. Can you please list the specs on the pump and SWG? You need to make sure the pump is a two speed pump and the SWG is rated for at least twice you pool size. Both of these will help you save on electric costs over time.

For the side that will have dirt by the pool you will need to make sure your have something there to drain the water away. Do you have any thoughts on what you will do for this? Will you prep the site yourself or hire it out?

To help with the searches I wanted to let you know I am still learning this new system. Right now I am finding the google option is working for me but not quite as well as the old system did. Try that and see if it helps with your searches.

Kim:kim:

I made a couple of changes with the pump and SWG. I'm now looking at the Aqua Pro 190 Cartridge filter. It is a 190 sq ft, 2HP, 2 speed. And I'm now looking at the Solaxx Saltron Reliant SWG. It is rated for up to 25,000 gals. The pool again is a 24ft round x 54" high with a calculated capacity of 13,600 gal. Are either of these overkill?

And BTW I do have THE test kit a wall brush, vacuum, etc. I'm not planning on using a cover on this pool. The Intex this is replacing rusted badly after covering it. I truly believe if I hadn't covered it for the past 2 winters, it would still be up and functional.

I made a couple of changes with the pump and SWG. I'm now looking at the Aqua Pro 190 Cartridge filter. It is a 190 sq ft, 2HP, 2 speed. And I'm now looking at the Solaxx Saltron Reliant SWG. It is rated for up to 25,000 gals. The pool again is a 24ft round x 54" high with a calculated capacity of 13,600 gal. Are either of these overkill?
The SWCG sounds perfect, the recommendation for oversizing is to help extend the life of the cell, since you can run it on lower % and get the same or better production
This is a long-winded post about choosing larger filter size :) How to Size a Pool Filter

I remember seeing this and thus the change to the filter. "I have a rule of thumb for cartridge pool filters: 100 sq. ft. of filter surface area per 10,000 gallons of pool water, as a minimum." So, the pool we are looking at is 13,600 gals. The filter is 190 sq ft. According to the "long winded post" we should be good, no?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.