New AG pool pump question

Jun 17, 2017
Florida
I have an Intex 16x48 prism frame pool. The instructions say to run it 4 hours a day. When i told this to pinch a penny pool and spa they were very adamant that I run it 10. Now that's a 6 hour difference than intex recommendations.

Its 4 feet deep, not 10. I'm in Pensacola Florida and it's been in the 90s for days now. How long should it run?

Welcome to the forum!

Depending on the size of the filter & amount of debris added to the pool, 4-6 hours should be sufficient. Run it long enough to keep the water clear of suspended particles to your satisfaction.

Try to time it so the pump is running during your daily testing & dosing of FC, and for at least 30 min after any chemical additions and you should be fine.

Now, if your filter system includes a SWG, that's a whole different scenario.

Ooo I'm gonna have to learn my abbreviations. Not a lot of debris, primarily sand. I got a printout of my water just now. She told me at the pool place that because it gets so hot here, in excess of 90 degrees plus humidity, there's not enough time in the four-hour period To recirculate the pool, and keep it from turning green since there's not a lot of activity in the pool. I don't have kids splashing around, very often. It's just me to float in and older children.
e370f99042179121b2974d032f895516.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

We don't place too much credence on pool store testing and I would suggest you get one of the recommended test kits either the Tf-100 or K-2006C.

Pool's turn green from a lack of chlorine and/brushing not filtration. 4-6 hours of suggested pool run time is usually adequate to keep the water circulated and clean. Here is a bit more of a read Determine Pump Run time

Your TA could have been fine where it was (if the pool result is correct).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.