New AG pool about ready to test.

Jun 19, 2017
Siloam Springs, Ar
Got pool installed, sand pump running and backwashed at initial setup and ran it for 12 hours. Added 5 1/2 bags of Morton’s salt last night and stirred it up. Had terrible rain winds and tornado on other side of town. Still raining. I have been adding pool essentials bleach every day until I get SWG on and running and can test. Will turn it on tonight. I m very anxious to see how this sand filter pump works. It is my first. I’m going to add the Hayward skimmer and get an intex robot cleaner (not sure if that’s what it is called) ordered today. Should I go ahead and add cya in a sock, as I know you aren’t suppose to test for a while after. Maybe test water and then add it?
Thanks for all your advise and help.

I like to test first and then add, even though I know my fill water doesn't have cya in it. But yes, go ahead and add it. I like to add a little less than what pool math indicates, and then add more after a few days if I need it. (I add mine using the sock method. I hang it in front of a return and squeeze it, and it's usually dissolved in 30 minutes) I add less because the only way to get rid of cya is to drain, so I'd rather have too little than too much, but it's not necessary to do it this way, just what I do. Good luck!

Last edited:
I like to test first and then add, even though I know my fill water doesn't have cya in it. But yes, go ahead and add it. I like to add a little less than what pool math indicates, and then add more after a few days if I need it. (I add mine using the sock method. I hang it in front of a return and squeeze it, and it's usually dissolved in 30 minutes) I add less because the only way to get rid of cya is to drain, so I'd rather have too little than too much, but it's not necessary to do it this way, just what I do. Good luck!

thanks so much. I know I don’t have any in my fill either. I usually do just as you do and use sock, littles less than calledfor. Glad I was doing it right. I’m added more bleach tonight as it still isn’t registering on chlorine. My phone is good. Slowing getting things going. Had rain off and on all day again. So tired of it! Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.