New above-ground pool

komo50

Aug 23, 2016
Wilmington, MA
Hi. I'm looking for advice on a new above-ground pool. I'm looking at 18' x 33' x 54" pools and I've found a couple online that are a bit cheaper than quotes I'm getting in stores. Is that unusual? I haven't checked that many stores so I don't have a lot of data. I've attached a couple of screen shots of ones I'm looking at. My goal isn't necessarily a top-of-the-line pool that'll last 20 years. Having gotten Intex-style metal frame pools that last 2-3 years for $1000 has been what I've done in the past but I'm looking for something bigger (I haven't found any that are 18' wide - only 16'). So for about triple the price, 5-10 years is reasonable in my mind.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.23.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.23.22 PM.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 10.59.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 10.59.33 AM.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 27
From the many posts in the sub forum Above Ground Pools it is apparent that the site preparation and install is really important. I would think if you are going to have someone install the pool, purchasing it through a store that offers installation could be very important.

The selection of pump, filter, and the installation of them is also important to the overall satisfaction.

Good luck!

We recently purchased our agp online as it was cheaper than at any of the local pool stores. That being said, we are installing everything ourselves and are aware that warranty will essentially be null and void. If we were to have it professionally installed, we likely would have likely purchased from the local pool store and had them do the install. I believe the less people involved the fewer headaches down the road.

@komo50,
I think those 2 look like solid options.

And yes, site preparation is the key to longevity, followed closely by maintaining proper water chemistry balance :) So a full proper test kit is recommended (necessary really)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.