New 600 SF in ground pool - SE PA (Valley Forge)

It began two years ago when my wife said "After The Pool". Anything I wanted, came ATP.
She made most of the decisions, I did most of the work. I had to remind myself often, she only cares about the benefits, not the features.
We paid the deposit in December 2017.
The build began in early May.

The progress so far:
  • Day 1: They dug it in less than 6 hours
  • Day 2: The rebar crew finished in 4 hours
  • Day 3-20: We watched it rain for the next 3 years, I mean 3 weeks, and I struggled to keep our three dogs out of it.
    • The Labrador Retriever was the first to go swimming!
  • Day 21: They shot it.

Specifics:
  • ~600 SF (39' x 20') free form
  • Gunite shell
  • 3.5' shallow end
  • 8' deep end
  • ~900 SF exposed aggregate decking
  • 256 linear feet of black al. fencing around the deck and behind the boulder wall
  • 19' long sitting ledge
  • 5' love seat walkout
  • 24" stone veneer raised bond beam
  • 2 Boulder retailing walls
  • (2) 18" sheer descents
  • (1) 1 lighted 24" sheer descent
  • 1 LED pool light
  • Heater
  • Jandi equipment
  • Jandi iAquaLink controls

Extras:

• 2 huge storm water management pits, which raised the cost by another $10K (courtesy of the township) :mad:

Time to choose the finishing touches:

I've run into a snag on the capping stone for the stone veneer wall.
Not sure what color capping stone should go on top of this...
Hamilton-Ledgestone-3.jpg
Any suggestions?

Congrats, just wanted to say.. I can relate to the rain. I'm also near Valley Forge, awaiting a remodel and for three weeks of rain our 2 labs stared at an empty pool, then a half full of rain water pool. Yesterday they literally tried to go in, AFTER we pumped out the rain water, ugh, my heart stopped when my 10 year old lab tried to go in the deep end and almost fell 8 feet! Darn this rain. Good luck with your pool! Post pics after!

Jill

We are using black onyx piedimonte from techo-bloc for our spa and retaining wall capping. Black onyx bullnose on the pool. Silver stamped concrete for decking.

The piedimonte looks super nice sitting on a pallet in my yard as it has for a while.

Im pretty close to you. I would bet the progress you list so far is much better than many of us. This week seems to have come and gone with no progress for me on the only 2 workable days (yesterday and today...)

Good luck!

Piedimonte | Landscaping Products Supplier | Techo-Bloc

Nice build! Another Philly area guy here (Thornton, PA) and just re-starting our build with another PB now. Will be watching your progress :) Seems like you're closer to swimming than most of us on here!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.