neighbors just opened pool and pool guy wants to cheat them!

Ok drained down about half.
Refilled CYA now at 60. PH is 7.5 TA is 100 CH is 360. I added 2 gallons of chlorine which should take shock up to about 15. However water is still cloudy...cant see bottom at deep end.. I started the pump, tested and then added chlorine. However there were six tri Chloe pucks in the feeder would this make the water cloudy mixing tri Chlor and 12.5 percent liquid? It was fairly clear before I turned pump on.

Thoughts???

You'll want to remove the pucks. They'll add the CYA back in that you just drained out. It shouldn't have an effect on cloudiness that I'm aware of.

The SLAM target for a CYa. Of 60 is 24. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

PA Girl, left it was at 12ppm FAC...after dinner it was 9. There's my cloudiness. Organics. So I hit the pool hard. 32ppm just now and as I sat there I saw over 30 min the pool start to clear. I could actually see bottom at the 6 foot end. When I couldn't before the slam. Hoping in the morning it'll be clear. Thanks for the help. Never worked on a fiberglass pool. You guys have helped make sure I didn't screw something up! Thanks.

Please understand, a SLAM is an ongoing event until testing proves everything is dead, not a one night addition of chlorine to clear the water.

Stick with it until you pass all three tests:

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • The water is clear.

You are doing great!

Please understand, a SLAM is an ongoing event until testing proves everything is dead, not a one night addition of chlorine to clear the water.

Stick with it until you pass all three tests:

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • The water is clear.

You are doing great!

Yep, this would not be a problem for me, if it were my own pool, but this is not and it's 10s of thousands of dollars, and theyve been away for weekend. Don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for the vote of confidence Tim. I appreciate that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.