game

Jun 1, 2017
Dunn, NC
Hello. My readings for my 10,000 gallon aboveground pool(intex) are PH- 7.4
ALK-40
NO CHLORINE
CYA- 0-10( CANNOT GET READING)
INTEX SWG
Just vacuumed/ what to do now. Do I need to raise alkalinity to SLAM? I am planning on adding stabilizer tonight for CYA to bring it to at least 30. HELP

I would do the following:
- Add some baking soda for a TA goal of 60
- Add liquid chlorine for an FC goal of 10 only; test in 10 minutes to ensure it held between 5-10. If not, repeat. Once you know FC is trying to hold between 5-10, add stabilizer for a CYA goal of 30, and increase the FC to 12.

Then you're off to the SLAM races! Maintain that FC of 12 until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria.

full

I would do the following:
- Add some baking soda for a TA goal of 60
- Add liquid chlorine for an FC goal of 10 only; test in 10 minutes to ensure it held between 5-10. If not, repeat. Once you know FC is trying to hold between 5-10, add stabilizer for a CYA goal of 30, and increase the FC to 12.

Then you're off to the SLAM races! Maintain that FC of 12 until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria.

full
Thank you so much for the help! Getting ready to go add my baking soda now! Have to go to Walmart and buy a 4 lb. bag of stabilizer to add . Will add 2 gallons of bleach. I need to buy a few more but I think Walmart is limiting quantities right now. Uugh!

Why not add the stabilizer? It is non existant.
You will, but do the 10-min FC test first. Because you are just opening for the first time, and both your FC and CYA were zero, I want to ensure there are no other issues that could potentially feed off of the stabilizer. Just a precaution. If you test FC 10 minutes after adding and it's still there (between 5-10), then you'll add the CYA and press-on.

Ok. The reason my CYA is null is because our little pool was not covered during winter. We are in NC and had a horribly wet winter. Alot of having to let water out of the pool was going on. I just added baking soda and getting ready to do the chlorine thing. I will only have 3 gallons left after that. Feeling stressed. But, heading to Walmart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.