Need to replace the skimmer

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
I need to replace this water intake assembly. Any advice on what to order, how to measure, steps to take in replacing it, etc. would be appreciated. Our old pool had a plastic dam that covered the intake that seemed to do a good job keeping the water out over winter. But, again, I'm not sure what to order.

Attachments

• water intake thingy.jpg
    water intake thingy.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 9
I can't tell what make/model skimmer that is, but I would think if you measure the skimmer mouth and/or wall cut-out opening, you should be able to find another aftermarket replacement. It should come with the gaskets required to attach and seal. Not every skimmer uses teh skimmer plate as a dam for winterization, but there is more than one way to protect the skimmer when closing.

Others may reply soon with more suggestions. Stand by. :)

inyopools has found some really obscure stuff from a picture. Or they might know where to look to find the model # stamped in it.

And you get $10 off a $100 order with your bronze Supporter badge. (y)

I called/emailed them several times tying to get equipment for my build and each interaction held true to all the stories i'd read here about their great customer service. Some things went south due to the shortages and they fixed it right away.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.