Need to know what to start with.

Yes it is granular. I put in it an old pair of pantyhose, but it certainly didn't take days. It probably only took an hour at the most and I put in a little over two pounds. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that the pool doesn't stain🤞
Okay good! I recently added 2 pounds via pantyhose and it took 3 days to fully dissolve.

Your TA and pH are fine, but CH is high. But I don’t know what kind of pool you have (vinyl, in ground, etc). Fill out your signature when you have a chance. It really helps people here help you.

You can manage a high calcium level in a vinyl liner pool, but if you don't pay attention you may develop calcium scale. Just make sure you keep the pH on the 7.0-7.5 end of the pH range and you should be fine.

This is an interesting thread to me since OP has the same number of gallons I do. If starting with no chlorine in the pool at all, is 1 gallon really enough to get to 5 ppm? I'll be doing a baqua to chlorine conversion and so I know I need to get to 15 initially. No idea how much liquid chlorine that will take - have to start working with Pool Math.

Plus you live in the same county!! I'm in Geigertown, How about you @anthonypool89 ?

I took reading again tonight after adding one gallon of liquid chlorine and a little over two pounds of the stabilizer and these were the readings tonight:

FC- 3
CC- 0
TC- 3
CH- Didn't retest, imagine it's going to stay at 500
TA- 100
CYA- <20 It was less than twenty, but by the time that the whole tube was filled I could not see the black dot, so it's just below 20
Ph- in between 7.2-7.5

It looks like I need to add some more stabilizer and liquid chlorine to bring those numbers up slightly which I will do tomorrow. How important is the CC#?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.