Todays readings and observations
FC 9.5
TC 10
CC .5
PH 8
TA 140-210
CH 650
CYA 50

With the speedstir I'm finding the color change is more accurate with the light off after some tests. It looks clear with light on then when off there is slight blue or pink
The TA test is way off between my old kit and the TF100. Old is consistent 140 and new is consistent 210
CH reduced from 875 to 650 when reading with light off
The CYA black dot is very faint from 70-60 but completely gone at 50, I assume thats accurate
Keeping FC anywhere over 5 means you cant do a quick daily and must use the drop test

Was your old kit a Taylor based drop kit? If yes then it may be static on the new bottle causing smaller drops (=more required). If it's strip vs. dropper test, then trust the dropper.

Either way, with pH of 8, high CH and TA, you're right on time to do a large addition of acid to reduce all 3 and get your CSI in line. I suggest targeting 7-7.2pH and then not letting it get much above 7.6-7.8 if you want to avoid scaling.

Yes old kit taylor drop also. I agree I think some of the TF100 bottles feel different, harder to squeeze and produce smaller drops. Added 49oz MA per pool math thx. Wait MA reduces CH??

It will likely settle down after a few tests, or you could try swapping the tips over to see if the results change.

MA does not reduce CH, but your overall combination of pH, TA and CH is leading to a high CSI which means scaling. Because you have high TA and CH, you need to keep your pH on the low end of the scale. That's all I meant.

I am not a fan of subscription apps either but PoolMath is my one and only exception. Compared to paying a pool guy or pool store, it pays for itself and is one of those 'home maintenance expenses' that I consider in the same bucket as chemicals, test kit etc I also use the Google rewards app which sends you surveys and pays out in Play Store credit, so I won't end up paying cash anyway come renewal time.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.