Need some help...

Pool is back up and running.
PH came down to about 8. I followed the instructions on the fcc and I did 25 millileters again (followed video) and added up to 7 scoops of the reagent and it did not change colors. I'm assuming this means its super low and I would need to slam it anyway to bring the values up. Right?
I've added some CYA just now and will retest the water's CYA level tonight/tomorrow morning.

When can I start the SLAM process?

[QUOTE="Mdragger88, post: 1811368, member: When u get the pump back circulating re test everything & get up to 30 ppm cya - add stabilizer via the sock method then get your ph down to 7.2 & u can start the SLAM Process
[/QUOTE]

Use only a 10 ml sample & 1 heaping scoop of powder- otherwise you’ll run out of supplies quickly
You don’t have to wait to test cya to begin - assume the amount u added is there & use that to get your fc slam target FC/CYA Levels

Making some progress with my pool. I've been slamming since Thursday and my FCC level has been averaging about 6ppm per day. I keep aiming for 12ppm. The algae is now limited to the deep end with some trace amounts on the floor in the shallow end. Right now I'm tending to the pool once per day (empty skimmers, brush the pool, skim with net, and add chemicals). Should I be doing so more than that so that I actually acheive 12ppm consistently??
PH right now is at about 7.4
CYA is at about 40
FCC was 6ppm this morning - so I just added another gallon and a quart of liquid chlorine @ 13%.

Also, I use a DE filter. With all the algae running through the DE filter should I be backwashing it at all right now? Or do I wait for the slam process to conclude?

Test and add chemicals multiple times a day during a SLAM to try and keep your FC at SLAM levels.

You backwash your filter when your pressure rises 25% from the clean pressure, not based on time. If you have a lot of dead algae it is filtering out that could be daily or more. After the SLAM, that will likely be every 4-8 weeks.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Backwashed and added new DE. My clean pressure appears to be 20PSI. After running the filter for about 2 hours I noticed it jumped to 22PSI. Is that typical for it to add that much pressure so quickly? Anything I could be missing?

Regarding Chlorine.
Was able to get FCC up to 12ppm tonight.
How long do I need to keep it at 12ppm?

Backwashed and added new DE. My clean pressure appears to be 20PSI. After running the filter for about 2 hours I noticed it jumped to 22PSI. Is that typical for it to add that much pressure so quickly? Anything I could be missing?

Regarding Chlorine.
Was able to get FCC up to 12ppm tonight.
Algae clogs filters fast. Keep with SLAM ProcessUntil you pass all 3 criteria

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this sounds harsh, but that certainly indicates you do not understand the SLAM, in it's execution, at least.

Please reread the article in it's entirety.......we'll help clarify.

The answer to the above question is to keep the FC at 12 ppm until the SLAM is complete.

Hey Guys,

Overnight i dipped to only 9ppm, reupped my chlorine.
During vaccuming this morning, i realized that my return is pushing out cloudy water. And there's been tiny sediment at the bottom of the pool. Is it likely that my filter is acting up?

Pool is clear and it maintained chlorine levels overnight. Now what do I have to do to keep things clear? Check all my other balances and adjust etc?

Also, since I just got rid of algae, do you recommend a backwash and putting in new DE? Just to ensure none of that stuff stays in the filter system?

I don't think there's a tear. Water isn't coming back cloudy anymore. My guess is that it was algae.

Pool has maintained FC12 overnight last night for the first time. Water is clearer than I've seen it before this whole season... I could read a quarter from the deep end.

Reactions: splashpad
I don't think there's a tear. Water isn't coming back cloudy anymore. My guess is that it was algae.

Pool has maintained FC12 overnight last night for the first time. Water is clearer than I've seen it before this whole season... I could read a quarter from the deep end.
Sounds like you are almost there!!

If you are confident you passed all 3 SLAM criteria, maintain your FC based on your CYA levels on this chart: