Need some help with my pool cloudiness!

brittanyc

Jun 9, 2021
Nova Scotia
05E19E06-D14C-4234-98B7-D67C904C0380.jpegEFA4E99F-8C52-4F7A-8061-F55E6B39DDDA.jpeg401593A3-D894-4210-B858-124695370A71.png
Hi there! Looking for some advice. I’m on two full weeks of cloudiness in my pool & I haven’t had this issue in the past 6 years of living here.
Picture 1 - current levels, chlorine high because I just shocked it
Picture 2 - current cloudiness
Picture 3 - last year after shocking, but before vacuuming. Clear

Wondering what I can try next. Getting impatient with July approaching lol

Thanks in advance ☺️

Welcome to TFP

Many people here are going to be glad to help you. I bet you can tell for sure what are the reading on your test strips... neither can we. Around here they are called guess strips.
You are going to need a proper test kit (See Test Kits Compared). The TF-100 is the best value out there, but unfortunately it is currently in back order. A Taylor K-2006C is also a great fit, but it is quite a lot more expensive (just be aware before ordering online from 3rd parties that reagents have a limited shelf life).

While you wait on the test keep use Pool Math app (or the old web version) to add about 5ppm worth of Liquid Chlorine (plain, unscented, non-clorox, non-splashless Bleach) per day and take some time to read the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry.
Also adding your pool details to your signature will help people to help you (See Create Your Signature - Further Reading).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.